Trust Unveils Phil O’Donnell Memorial

MST

As an artist and designer I wasn’t that excited about the chosen design. At the end of the day the O’Donnell family seem pleased with the outcome and I suppose that’s all that matters. I would be keen to know the significance of the dragonfly, but I’m sure that will remain a secret to a few close family members and the designer of the memorial.

was dissapointed when I seen it, not in any way a reflection of what I pictured to reflect Phil O'Donnell

I pictured simple solid lettering LEGEND 10 so the 'zaney'? lettering with what looks like a collander looks miles out and I was never aware a dragonfly was significant to the family but even up close its hardly stands out

but on listening in to the words from Eileen O'Donnell which were read out, the family seems to have been happy to have input into the design and their thoughts and feelings are the most important

As an artist and designer I wasn’t that excited about the chosen design. At the end of the day the O’Donnell family seem pleased with the outcome and I suppose that’s all that matters. I would be keen to know the significance of the dragonfly, but I’m sure that will remain a secret to a few close family members and the designer of the memorial.

Just watched Kirkie talking about the memorial and Phil and he too seemed quite pleased. And its important that the family are happy too.

I was hoping for something a bit grander after a higher profile fundraising campaign.

However it's there and the sentiment can't be downplayed as well as the achievement of raising the funds and bringing it to fruition - something that fails to happen all too often. So that needs to be acknowledged.

Didn't get the 10 thing until I was looking at the photo and I have to say it looked a bit better from a distance and when it was light a night.

Like all artwork some will like it some will not but as far as I'm concerned if the Phil's family liked it then that's good enough for me

on another note I do wish they would repair the sign on the east side of the Davie Cooper stand

I'm afraid I also used the word underwhelming to friends at the game although it did look a bit better lit up on the way out. In daylight it just makes the stand look as if it needs a good wash. Sounds easy but the cost is in the access - either scaffolding or cherry picker. I assume the budget didn't stretch to that. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Like everything in the "Art world" a lot of things are not everyones cup of tea............and as usual, on this site peoples good intentions are ripped to shreads.....

This gesture was done with the coperation of the family who were involved in the design.....which was all done with the best intent to remember POD

What were some people expecting..........:wank:

250px-Colossus_of_Rhodes.jpg300px-Kheops-Pyramid.jpg

Ah well I'm sure the next time it happens the people involved will know what to do :doh:

• Like 3