Bring Back The SPL Reserve League

East_Stand_Al

Reserve football allowed players who should not be at this level to continue to be signed up to this level.

If you want competative football for players between Under 19 and Seniors then the only way to do it is bring in B/II/Amateur teams under the seniors umbrella like most European Leagues.

Although No reserves at all doesn't seem to have done much damage to the Italian system...

In Italy though there are huge numbers of loan deals. Often lower league clubs only have a small number of contracted players with the rest of the squad loaned in from larger clubs.

In essence what we've been doing with our younger players isn't that far from the Italian system except it's not quite on the same scale.

I remember the games being at Fir Park. Sitting in the main stand on a Saturday aternoon at 3pm. And it was part of the season ticket games.

I also remember the Rangers reserves manager (Cammy Fraser I think) getting fed up of the abuse from well fans and shouting and swearing up into the stand lol