• Steve Jennings
    • Michael Higdon
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Tim Clancy
    • Bob McHugh
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Null Vote

As great as it is that Higdon is getting plaudits from everyone for last night's game, the thing I find it hard to get my head round is that he didn't really do anything different.

For most of the season people have been having a go at him, and now all of a sudden because there's now someone else in the side doing what they are supposed to be doing, he's had a great game?

He's been playing as well as that all season and it's gone completely unappreciated.

Spot on as well.

Higdon is an excellent SPL centre forward in the 'traditional' style - his link up play is intelligent and he brings people into the game - if those people can read it.

Perfect example was after a long ball from Randolph, Ojamaa and Higdon were in almost exactly the same spot upfield. Realising it was heading their way, Ojamaa realises Higdon has more chance of winning the header, which he does, and before Higdon has even got his head to it, Ojamaa is on his way round the back of the defender. Simple, elementary stuff but I haven't really seen anyone do that in a while.

I have always appreciated Higdon and what he brings to the team, and would go as far to say on scoring ability and all round play he is certainly one of the best strikers outside the OF.