Shocking Ticket Prices

Rustic

Firstly in general the price of games sickens me,but did mwell not make a big thing about reducin prices about OF matches?now it's 25 quid?how can you charge more for a terrible team who can only beat queens park two one?i love going to the footie with my dad as it should be,a family event,but jesus christ add travel and cold pies onto that your screwed!

I think the Pricing Initiative walked out the door with Ian Stillie Rustic.

That's us back to regular 'A Category' (or whatever) prices for OF games.

To be fair one of the most spectacular failures of the initiative was, MFC writing to OF supporters telling them how wonderful and exploited they have been for many centuries, Charging them £15 to get in to a game at Fir Park, asking their club to reciprocate the deal and getting a two fingered gesture back.

I think the best answer would have been to charge £15 for the East and the Main and £65 for the Cooper and the South myself.

But your right. With the sudden economic downturn etc. £25 for a football match is sticking out like a sore thumb in terms of an 'extravagance'

Aye well it's a sad day when your dad along with his grown son have to squeeze into the same turnstile to save money!take note boyle!is this what we've come to?

Sit in the East and it's £20

Youre only paying £3 more a head if you choose to sit in the PO'D for Celtic than what folk will pay in there for Accies on Saturday , is that worth doubling up at the gate for ? Only Celtic fans are stuck with £25 tickets and considering what they charge us they can go f themselves with the blunt end of a ragman's trumpet.

Thats anyone who doesnt think Obrien is brilliant branded bigots and h**s without the busfare and a tantrum over how much we are charging Celtic , is there a pattern developing here ..... :whistling:

Sit in the East and it's £20 Youre only paying £3 more a head if you choose to sit in the PO'D for Celtic than what folk will pay in there for Accies on Saturday , is that worth doubling up at the gate for ? Only Celtic fans are stuck with £25 tickets and considering what they charge us they can go f themselves with the blunt end of a ragman's trumpet. Thats anyone who doesnt think Obrien is brilliant branded bigots and h**s without the busfare and a tantrum over how much we are charging Celtic , is there a pattern developing here ..... :whistling:

Firstly i couldn't care less where obrien came from,i was sayin that he was a brill player and people were gettin on his back for choosin ireland,also on the mwell website it says £25 for the cooper stand,the one i usually sit it and as it's been a while since i've been to an OF game i was under the impression that part of it was open to mwell fans,and if you read my first post i said how terrible a team celtic are!

Aye and £22 for the hamilton game is shockin!

RaShellic

Shellic fans aint happy. Remember also, when you read the "colourful text" these are the "fans" who claim the only bigots are across the city. Course, they conveniently forget they regularly charge way over the top for inadequate views from inadequate seats....

IS BOYLE A BANKER? ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM GO TICKET PRICES

By Mal Content

Timdom is today pondering whether Motherwell chairman John Boyle received lessons in honesty, honour and integrity from HBOS's Lord Stevenson and Andy Hornby or RBS's Sir Fred Goodwin and Sir Tom McKillop? The establishment will give any Tom, Dick or David a knighthood these days, eh?

Earlier this season, John 'Zoom' Boyle pledged to reduce ticket prices for Celtic fans (and h**s) for matches against Motherwell at Fir Park, the Motherwell chairman insisting Scottish football is too expensive and O** F*** fans are being exploited.

From the BBC in October:

"Motherwell chairman John Boyle claims Scottish football is too expensive and Old Firm fans are being exploited.

And the club have announced ambitious price cuts to make attending live matches at Fir Park more affordable.

"Motherwell and other SPL teams have been abusing the fierce loyalty Old Firm fans have for their club by always charging premium prices," Boyle said.

"I've been very worried over a number of years about the price of football to the average fan."

The Lanarkshire club plan to reduce the entrance to home games involving Celtic and Rangers to £15 for all adults.

The number of Old Firm supporters travelling to Fir Park has dwindled in recent seasons and the price reduction represents a £10 saving for most fans.

"I've noticed over the last few years that attendances when Celtic or Rangers visit have been slipping and slipping," Boyle told BBC Radio Scotland.

"When I took over at Motherwell 10 years ago you were virtually assured a full house. We're now not getting anything like that. We have empty seats.

"We have assumed for too long that we can charge whatever we like and Celtic and Rangers fans will turn up - that simply isn't the case, and acutely isn't the case when financial circumstances are like they are at the moment."

"Celtic and Rangers bring no children to the matches because they get very few concessions," Boyle continued.

"We're only going to charge their fans £15 to get in - which will be the cheapest they've ever been charged - and if they bring a kid along they'll only get charged £10.

"It means if you were bringing your son or daughter along to a football match you previously would have been paying £50, now you're paying £25. Now the effect of that is fairly dramatic."

BBC ends.

Not as dramatic as 'Zoom and Bust' Boyle's reneging on his pricing pledge as the dishonourable wee scrote, having allowed the h**s the benefit of reduced ticket prices, now pumps the costs back up again in time for Celtic's visit to Fir Park on the 22nd February.

It is being claimed Motherwell lost £25,000 in gate receipts when the h**s were the visitors to Fir Park for the 0-0 draw in November, so Boyle wants to make up the shortfall by returning to the good old culturally traditional days of ripping off Celtic fans.

It'll reportedly be £27 per ticket for Tims - and not the £15 the h**s paid.

Today the Daily Mail reports:

"Chairman Boyle was last night on holiday and the club refused to comment. Fans of other SPL clubs pay £22 for an adult ticket at Fir Park.

The £15 adult price for last weekend's Scottish Cup tie at home to St Mirren was agreed by both clubs and drew a crowd of 5,695."

It's up to each and every Tim to decide how he or she wishes to react to Boyle's blatant rip off.

Grudgingly pay the man or tell him to GTF, don't go and giggle as his poxy wee "family club" suffers the financial consequences.

Seriously, fuck 'em. The price is the price. If they're so narrow minded and bigoted as to compare the price they are being charged to the prices charged to only ONE other club in the SPL (yes, guess which one) without considering the prices we have charged other teams' fans or the prices charged at their ground then their argument should be treated with the contempt it deserves. It doesn't matter a fuck what MFC said earlier in the season, the gesture wasn't reciprocated and money was lost, end of. It won't happen again and rightly so.

It fucking shits in my sporran hearing the old fucking firm greeting and whining as if they're the only 2 teams in the league when they are bleeding the rest of us dry with their bigotry-and-hatred based support. Can't someone start a rumour in Afghanistan that George Bush, Tony Blair and the entire Israeli security council will be at Parkhead on Sunday? I know they fucked up big time with the airport and all that but rumour has it that big Smeato is on his holibags and second time lucky and all that.

Dear Mal Content,

I have read your article, I have considered the points you have made and I have duely searched my heart, soul and conscience to find a way to redeem my "family club" in the eyes of both yourself and other fans of Celtic F.C. Please understand that, as fans, we are powerless to take action on this subject but, collectively, we would not like you or your fellow Celts to be under any mis-apprehension of what Motherwell fans may be thinking. Our chairman is not the most popular man amongst the Motherwell support and what he says or does, does not necessarily represent the views of the Motherwell support as a whole. Having said that, pay up or fuck off, we don't need your wannabe-martyr "every c**t's oot tae get us" shite. The whole of Scottish football is sick to death with the paranoid pish that both sides of the Old Firm consistently spout. Organise your "protest" and stay the fuck away, then maybe we can get 'Well fans back in a 'Well stand, the stand they've paid to sit in.

Thanks in advance,

Cakes.

Motherwell backtrack on reducing Old Firm ticket prices

Ian Ferris

Celtic fans are furious with Motherwell for going back on a promise to slash ticket prices for games involving the Old Firm, reports the Daily Mail.

After a disastrous trial run against Rangers in November saw Motherwell lose £25,000 in ticket receipts, the club have now reverted to previous prices.

Celtic fans are now not impressed they will have to shell out £10 more than supporters of Rangers paid to visit the same ground two months ago.

I admit the ticket prices are shocking but motherwell done a trial period that just so happened to be with rangers, now celtic think its a personal old firm thing that rangers get in cheeper ! then, i'm guessing that they realised they couldn't live on what they got for that game if they got it every week, And take note Rustic, that this is not against you but for F**k sake, take that first comment (above) by the daily mailfor example, they are 'furious' that they need to shell out a tenner more at ONE GAME that nobody is forcing them to go to ! i mean, i'll admit, my dad is kind enough to take me to the footie and pay for me and i'm not paying and when i am paying it'll probably be a diferant story but celtic clearly have enough money to slash prices where as mwell cant do it like that or the club will suffer.

The main point of my post is to say that i think celtic fans are over-reacting to the situation a bit... :huh:

Right my first post has been taken totally out of context and to sum up what i meant,i was assumin that the ticket prices were bein slashed for the mwell fans also and that's all i cared about,be it against celtic rangers hibs hamilton WHATEVER i couldn't care less if they got in for a pound as long as we did as well!what turned out to be a simple question about a curiosity i had has turned into somethin sour! Like i said couldn't care less about the other support,it's about the home fans

Firstly in general the price of games sickens me,but did mwell not make a big thing about reducin prices about OF matches?now it's 25 quid?how can you charge more for a terrible team who can only beat queens park two one?i love going to the footie with my dad as it should be,a family event,but jesus christ add travel and cold pies onto that your screwed!

I agree, ticket prices, should be capped at £10 for all matches at Fir Park

I would have no problem letting the fuckers in for £15 IF they let us in for £15 (or less since it is a restricted view).

i agree 100 %

why the fuck should we let every arsehole under the sun into our ground on the cheap when we need to pay through the nose to go away games. these smelltic fans can fuck off, also so can rangers ones

I'm just putting something out there and it may be well off the mark but could the reason the prices are back at Catagory A prices is because

a. Motherwell F.C. understood Celtic and Rangers would waiver the 5% charge which they haven't

b. Motherwell F.C. understood Celtic and Rangers would return the favour and charge the same prices. Which they didn't

c. The Motherwell fans were angy with the price drop so they went fuck it, here it goes back to normal...

Granted, no matter what it would not have been good enough to the Motherwell faithful.

I'm just putting something out there and it may be well off the mark but could the reason the prices are back at Catagory A prices is because

a. Motherwell F.C. understood Celtic and Rangers would waiver the 5% charge which they haven't

b. Motherwell F.C. understood Celtic and Rangers would return the favour and charge the same prices. Which they didn't

c. The Motherwell fans were angy with the price drop so they went fuck it, here it goes back to normal...

Granted, no matter what it would not have been good enough to the Motherwell faithful.

I agree with most of that - although I think that c) 'Well fans were upset that prices were dropped for the Old Firm - I think we all could have stomached lowere prices to increase the gate for games involving teams closer to us in the table.

I think reducing prices outwith the OF would have been well recieved by the 'Well faithful

Edit: Just realised you were talking purely about the OF - in which case ye might be close to the mark

Wellfan1984 you seem to enjoy adding smoke to the screen by putting things out there instead of just discussing events.

a) I've never heard/read anyone from our club discussing 5% charges aprt from 'yes we'll pay it'

b.)Motherwell never discussed reciprical pricing initiatives for Motherwell fans, they might have hoped for them but didn't make any deals, you and a few others keep going on about Celtic not reducing prices for us in return for us reducing them for them, WE NEVER DID REDUCE PRICES FOR THEM! only for Rangers and we have yet to play them in a return match so maybe they will reduce prices for us I wonder if anyone at the club has contacted them with a reminder that we gave their fans preferential treatment over all the other league clubs??

C.) The Motherwell fans you refer to that were unhappy with the price cuts , I would guess in large were not unhappy with 'price cuts' as you put it trying to spin that it was all about cheaper football. Most views that I have read and listened too, were unhappy that despite a supposed all signing all dancing pricing initiative, it was a cobbled together disaster of a plan, giving preferential pricing proposals to the Old Firm and completely overlooking much of the core Motherwell support!

Carry on with your continual petty digs at the 'Motherwell Faithful'

Wellfan1984 you seem to enjoy adding smoke to the screen by putting things out there instead of just discussing events.

You mean I should post more of

"Oh my fucking god, the ebil Motherwell Board have gone against what they said x amount of months ago. How fucking dare they don't they know I spend my hard earn cash on Motherwell and I should know exactly what goes on and I should be privy to all discussions.

That John Boyle should go x, y and z, and check oot is manhood while he is at it. He is the Devil reincarnated and this is shocking! How dare he do this"

I'll stick to trying to discuss WHY rather than slagging of the club withoot knowing everything, as there may be good reasons for going back on the agreement.

a) I've never heard/read anyone from our club discussing 5% charges aprt from 'yes we'll pay it'

I forgot, Motherwell are well known for their great communication with fans. :huh:

b.)Motherwell never discussed reciprical pricing initiatives for Motherwell fans, they might have hoped for them but didn't make any deals, you and a few others keep going on about Celtic not reducing prices for us in return for us reducing them for them,

Are you Ian Stillie? ;)

I'm just putting out what ifs actually! I never once said it was fact. In fact I actually said I was probably wrong but...

C.) The Motherwell fans you refer to that were unhappy with the price cuts , I would guess in large were not unhappy with 'price cuts' as you put it trying to spin that it was all about cheaper football. Most views that I have read and listened too, were unhappy that despite a supposed all signing all dancing pricing initiative, it was a cobbled together disaster of a plan, giving preferential pricing proposals to the Old Firm and completely overlooking much of the core Motherwell support!

So were the Motherwell fans unhappy of price cuts for the Old Firm Games? I'm confused!

Im with the tims on this one! :huh:

Although the new pricing initiative was a bit of a farce, made no sense, was far more complicated than it had to be, was of no benefit if you didn't have kids and favoured the old firm over all the other clubs.

It was put out as our new pricing initiative, and 3 weeks later swept under the carpet, as if it never happened.

If Motherwell next season come up with a sensible pricing policy, making football more affordable to families etc. I wouldn't print it in my paper, and fans of other clubs won't come to Fir Park on a promise of cheaper gate prices, as we might change our mind.

I was discussing the cost of football with a friend last night (a StMirren fan) and we both agreed that if away games were cheaper £10-£15 we would go to a lot more. At £20+ then expenses, it's hard (or harder, as the credit crunch hasn't changed the fact foootball has been too expensive for years!) to justify in the current financial climate.

I've been to 3 away games so far this season, Hearts (1st game of season), StMirren (cheap entry and last game at Love st), Inverurie (cup and adventure), and will be going Tomorow (Cup, decent price, 1st visit to new stadium). There have been quite a few Saturdays i would have gone, then checked the price and didnt go.