Shocking Ticket Prices

Rustic

I was discussing the cost of football with a friend last night (a StMirren fan) and we both agreed that if away games were cheaper £10-£15 we would go to a lot more. At £20+ then expenses, it's hard (or harder, as the credit crunch hasn't changed the fact foootball has been too expensive for years!) to justify in the current financial climate.

Unfortunately for that to happen you will have to

a. Get ALL clubs to agree or there will be a huge gap between those clubs who charge £10-£15 and those who charge £22 as there would not be THAT much of an increase week in week out. If you're playing shite no one is going to come and watch you for £15 anymore than they will for £22 to cover the difference in the long run.

and

b. Football players will need to look at their wage demands

or

c. TV companies will need to offer us a lot more money (look at clubs across Europe with low crowds, high wages, and still plenty of money)

d. Fans will need to expect a lot less of a product on the field compared to those with especially c. no doubt (even worse than it is now)

I think over a season or two gates would increase a fair bit if prices were lowered, and it was communicated to the fans through both clubs websites, sites like this, advertising in local press....

I can live with football that isnt the best, but not paying over £20 for it!

A small incraese in attendance would also lead to a small incraese in other sources of income, such as food and drink and merchandise. (Although an increase in costs aswell)

Id also guess one of the main reasons occasional fans don't come as often is cost, or at least cost v quality?

I thought the StMirren game was quite well attended, considering season ticket holders had to pay at the gate, so all the season ticket holders paid in, plus another 3000 odd.

If fans of other clubs knew Motherwell were the most reasonably priced away game, and they could bring the family along, I'd imagine they would pencil Motherwell away in their diaries, as a must go game.

Wellfan1984 you seem to enjoy adding smoke to the screen by putting things out there instead of just discussing events.

a) I've never heard/read anyone from our club discussing 5% charges aprt from 'yes we'll pay it'

b.)Motherwell never discussed reciprical pricing initiatives for Motherwell fans, they might have hoped for them but didn't make any deals, you and a few others keep going on about Celtic not reducing prices for us in return for us reducing them for them, WE NEVER DID REDUCE PRICES FOR THEM! only for Rangers and we have yet to play them in a return match so maybe they will reduce prices for us I wonder if anyone at the club has contacted them with a reminder that we gave their fans preferential treatment over all the other league clubs??

C.) The Motherwell fans you refer to that were unhappy with the price cuts , I would guess in large were not unhappy with 'price cuts' as you put it trying to spin that it was all about cheaper football. Most views that I have read and listened too, were unhappy that despite a supposed all signing all dancing pricing initiative, it was a cobbled together disaster of a plan, giving preferential pricing proposals to the Old Firm and completely overlooking much of the core Motherwell support!

Carry on with your continual petty digs at the 'Motherwell Faithful'

Absolutely spot on mate.

As for either half of the Bigot Bros complaining about the price of getting in to FP - I couldn't give a flying F... ;)

I haven't been to to the Great Unwashed's ground for near enough 15 years, and have no intention of doing so while they charge over the odds - if they are so put out by our prices, they should do likewise, and don't come to FP - there, problem solved :lol:

Football's too dear as it is but that's for another post

MON RA DOSSERS

Something actually needs to be done! and people ask why the atmosphere and crowds are so poor in Scotland, In countries like France and Germany tickets for like Nancy, Marseille, Ajax and Feyroord its like 15euros at the very most and look at there crowds and atmosphere :notworthy: "FOOTBALL IS FOR THE FANS, NOT PROFIT!".

"FOOTBALL IS FOR THE FANS, NOT PROFIT!".

Not on mainland Europe it isn't. The ticket prices may be a little less than here but they get Millions for each shirt sponsor, multi millions for TV and multi millions in other commercial revenue. Compare that to Scotland where you are lucky to get hundreds of thousands for sponsorship etc.

Mainland Europe really isn't a very good model to follow as we're never going to get the Commercial Money they get. Now England could easily follow the European Model. We couldn't