Well Done To The Sheepies For Their Card Display

Browni

I took some amount of stick today. That was to be expected.

However, I did enjoy the "we're in Europe and you've got nothing to play for" comment that I got today. So much wrong, I didn't know where to start. Tells you everything you need to know that they're already convinced they're playing Celtic in the final. But to think that Motherwell have nothing left to play for? :lol::doh:

Can't stand them but fair do's for over 2,000 coming all the way down on a Sunday for a game live on TV and with a screwy kick-off time. Not suret that we'd have taken as many up there if the game had been at Pitoddrie?dry.gif

I've seen the size of their support mentioned on a couple of mediums.

Not for a minute disputing that we wouldn't get anywhere near the same figure if the fixture had been reversed - but then we don't come from a city of about 200,000 souls with no other top flight side in about 70 miles of us. Nor do we seek to have you believe we're a dormant superpower either for that matter.

But I must admit I was actually wee bit underwhelmed with the size of their support given some of the pre-match chat about having sold more tickets than Motherwell etc.

Difficult times we live in these days but I kind of compare that turn out with some of the crowds they've brought to Fir Park in the past, the size of club they consider themselves to be and think...well it was decent of course, but not quite of a level that prompted Alan Preston of Radio Scotland to tweet about how it reminds you how massive a club they are.

Again not to say those that travelled didn't give them fine backing or put on an impressive card display.

Can't stand them but fair do's for over 2,000 coming all the way down on a Sunday for a game live on TV and with a screwy kick-off time. Not suret that we'd have taken as many up there if the game had been at Pitoddrie?dry.gif

Not that good for a 'massive' club like they are, they used to bring those numbers for midweek games when they were fighting relegation.

Now our support a few years back at Killie, Stranraer, Clyde and more was something to talk about as it approached our level of home support at the time. Praise where it's due and all that and in the current climate maybe they deserve a bit but it is the Scottish Cup, not entirely unexpected nor out of the ordinary