Sign Clancy Up Asap

BigColin08

Hi all I just wondered what your thoughts are in regards to Clancy getting a new deal.

Personally I think he has done more than enough to merit a new contract.

Solid at the back albeit a bit hot headed but a good all round defender.

Whats your opinions??????

He's done reasonably well but I'm still not entirely convinced by him. He makes too many 'liitle' mistakes for me and that perhaps shows he's not really a natural centre back.

Whereas you have total confidence in Hutchinson as a defender (although he makes mistakes as well) I just don't have that confidence in Clancy. There's always a little niggling doubt about him.

He's probably fine up to a certain level of opposition and that would include most of the SPL so I'd be fine with him getting another contract but I think we'd be in trouble if he didn't have some one of quality next to him.

We have a limited budget and the key to success is finding a good blend of ordinary journey man players and players with a bit more about them, Clancy is probably the former rather than the latter.

Whereas you have total confidence in Hutchinson as a defender (although he makes mistakes as well) I just don't have that confidence in Clancy. There's always a little niggling doubt about him.

The two of the three main mistakes he has made (that led to goals/chances) against Hibs and Rangers (penalty that was not) were due to mistakes by Hutchinson. The only questionable thing about Clancy is his temperament. Very good defender for our budget.

Can't see Craigan playing much next year, if even at all. Once Saunders is back fully fit i'd slot him in the centre with Hutchy with Clancy being a superb back up to the two of them. Not giving Clancy a new deal would be a joke, tbh he deserves a new contract just for his antics in that STV video!

As above his hot headedness puts me off......took a wild swing at a Hearts player on Tuesday night as well. Couple of times he has done this and been lucky. Worth signing again if it's at a decent price.....but wouldn't be keen to pay too much.

If he goes then so be it.