Bluster

Frazzie

I expect the congratulations in the boardroom, the same as the two managers and players shake hands. No issue with that whatsoever. But to make a conscious effort to publicly and immediately congratulate and wish luck to with side of the Old Firm seems unneccesary, as does praising their fans (McCall) and encouraging a love-in with them (general board).

If anyone doesn't think these things are unneccesary then maybe they could explain the rationale? I did ask Andrew Wilson himself but he declined to comment.

• Like 1

You only have issue with it being them,

he's been the same for all his time on twitter, either you didn't follow him or it wasn't an issue with any other team,

he was away on other business, snatching at snippets of info and no doubt hoping for a good result, not being aware of the disgraceful performance, he said what he said in line with what he always does,

he didn't single out Rangers for praise, u are making out he did,

he probably didn't reply cause if your query was anything like your blinkered approach on here he probably thinks you're a knuckle dragging reactionary desperate to create an issue with a board member

I don't know what or wasn't said by McCall on Wednesday but in respect of our fans at Ibrox I noticed he commented on the support in the programme yesterday:

The support on Wednesday night was fantastic and didn't deserve the level of performance e produced.......

... your support means a great deal to everyone.

As I said I don't know what was said or otherwise and whether what he's written is a reaction to murmurs of discontent at that interview but posting for the benefit of those who might have missed it yesterday.

I expect the congratulations in the boardroom, the same as the two managers and players shake hands. No issue with that whatsoever. But to make a conscious effort to publicly and immediately congratulate and wish luck to with side of the Old Firm seems unneccesary, as does praising their fans (McCall) and encouraging a love-in with them (general board).

If anyone doesn't think these things are unneccesary then maybe they could explain the rationale? I did ask Andrew Wilson himself but he declined to comment.

Seen examples of the tweets above, no real problem. It appears a standard thing for him to do applied to everyone.

McCall's comments are much more annoying. I half think he maybe bigged up the Celtic support as a means of trying to make his comments after Rangers game seem less like a cloying pals act/sympathy for his former team.

I can understand him having a bit of a moan about our crowds being a bit on the low side, we been having largely successful time of it and it isn't rewarded by crowds increasing. And throughout it if you happened to read messageboards you'd find from somewhere constant carping/pessimism/criticism from plenty moaners even if they aren't representative of wider support who appreciate the relative good times we had pretty consistantly under McGhee/Brown and now McCall himself.

That said I believe we took a good support through for this cup tie, the only fans he should have been praising were ours and I can't think of any circumstances where he should be praising the OF hordes, that sticks in the throat.

Overall point about the club having a doff the cap, know our place mentality rings true and seems to be reflected on the pitch in the last two games. Aberdeen was a decent performance let slip, the h*n game pure diabolical and not seen it but believe any improvement yesterday was marginal at best. Overall we not had a bad start but we need a performance next match to get some positivity back.

• Like 1

I think I've been following Andrew Wilson since the close season and I suppose the reason I've not seen him congratulate anyone else is because nobody else has beaten us.

I don't actually mind Andrew Wilson, and of course I'm still a fan of McCall- I'm more concerned about the general vibe coming out of the entire club. I only mentioned those two because they are the individuals who have commented recently.