3-5-2

Psycho1991

tha manager has already said it was in response to the previous games

unlikely it'll be a permanent setup

more likely it'll be used selectively

still quite a few scares today that had Aberdeen made count, it could've turned out very differently and If Aberdeen had anyone that couldve attcked on their right wing we'd have seen a classic 7-6 type match

Still, when we got motoring it was a joy to watch, nice to have it in the locker

• Like 1

No bad considering we don't have a plan B. Once the back 3 got settled in each half they looked pretty solid and it allowed Hateley and ZFA to perform without getting caught out defensively too much. Don't think it'll work every week, especially against teams playing with just one up front but it's pleasing to see McCall has something more in his locker and to an extent, we have the players to fit more than one system. The attacking play today was glorious.

it looked more 3-4-3 than 3-5-2 as Murphy + Ojamaa were right up top and roving the whole game. the first 5 mins I was shitting myself but after we scored we looked phenomenal. Yes there were 1 or 2 scares but we would have those no matter the formation. 1 thing is for sure, Aberdeen were simply torn apart by the pace + drive of Murphy,Angol + Ojamaa and bit Higdon led the line superbly. Id love to see us line up the same against Killie. Another major plus was having Humphrey on the bench,imagine having those 3 running you ragged all game, then Humph gets introduced with 20 to go,frightening when it clicks

it looked more 3-4-3 than 3-5-2 as Murphy + Ojamaa were right up top and roving the whole game. the first 5 mins I was shitting myself but after we scored we looked phenomenal. Yes there were 1 or 2 scares but we would have those no matter the formation. 1 thing is for sure, Aberdeen were simply torn apart by the pace + drive of Murphy,Angol + Ojamaa and bit Higdon led the line superbly. Id love to see us line up the same against Killie. Another major plus was having Humphrey on the bench,imagine having those 3 running you ragged all game, then Humph gets introduced with 20 to go,frightening when it clicks

Agree with Shaka, looked more like 3-4-3 to me. I think the reason it worked so well was because you had a sort of 'spear tip' up front with Higdon as the 'point' laying off balls to Ojamaa and Murphy who were playing through the middle and just behind. Francis-Angol and Hateley provided the width. The central midfielders could sit more instead of straining to support one up front.

I'm not sure if it's going to be as effective next time though as I think we completely foxed Craig Brown as to the way we were going to play yesterday and managers will be on to us now but it's worth a try.

The thing is that Kilmarnock are a team that try lots of different set ups but it looks to me, by looking at the recent team line ups, they might play a 3-4-3 themselves although I'm only guessing from looking at the personnel(Bell - Tesselaar, Nelson, Sissoko - Fowler, Pascali, Kelly, Harkins - Perez, Heffernan, Sheridan or possibly Pascali could play at the back, Fowler move into the centre and Tesselaar play right midfield) so if that was the case it would make sense to match them up.