Now Murphy Is Away

pingu

I think its safe to say that was Murphys last game for Motherwell judging by his farewell waves etc.

Question is, how do we line up post-Murphy? What would you like to see and what do you think McCall will actually do? assume that no one else leaves and Murphy is the one player McCall has mentioned.

Quite a few options for me..

A - Bring in ZFA in front of Hammell and keep everything the same, having Humphrey and ZFA giving width. Pros - offers natural left footed width. Cons - still have the same lack of shielding for the defence

B - play 3 at the back (if fit!) with ZFA and Hateley wingbacks and a midfield 3 of law, lasley and AN Other (who?) with 2 up front. Pros - worked against Aberdeen. Cons - assumes Hammell at left centre back, teams can expose the lack of height down the left. No room for Humphrey?

C - bring Omar in and see what he can do. Pros - looked lively against St Mirren and some might say hasn't had a decent chance. Cons - unpopular, short termist and not providing development for ZFA

D - play a 4-3-3 with Carswell in a holding role with law and lasley, and an attacking 3 of Humphrey, Higdon and Ojamaa. pros - might give more balance whilst retaining width. Cons - is Carswell a holding midfielder? Woupd Higdon be isolated?

E - stick Law back out wide to link up with Hammell, and play Carswell or Hetherington from the start in a 2 man centre mid pair with Lasley. Pros - law is more then capable out left. Cons - he is also very capable in the middle and maybe can be more creative. Would a young midfielder and lasley in the middle be better than we currently have?

I think its safe to say that was Murphys last game for Motherwell judging by his farewell waves etc.

Question is, how do we line up post-Murphy? What would you like to see and what do you think McCall will actually do? assume that no one else leaves and Murphy is the one player McCall has mentioned.

Quite a few options for me..

A - Bring in ZFA in front of Hammell and keep everything the same, having Humphrey and ZFA giving width. Pros - offers natural left footed width. Cons - still have the same lack of shielding for the defence

B - play 3 at the back (if fit!) with ZFA and Hateley wingbacks and a midfield 3 of law, lasley and AN Other (who?) with 2 up front. Pros - worked against Aberdeen. Cons - assumes Hammell at left centre back, teams can expose the lack of height down the left. No room for Humphrey?

C - bring Omar in and see what he can do. Pros - looked lively against St Mirren and some might say hasn't had a decent chance. Cons - unpopular, short termist and not providing development for ZFA

D - play a 4-3-3 with Carswell in a holding role with law and lasley, and an attacking 3 of Humphrey, Higdon and Ojamaa. pros - might give more balance whilst retaining width. Cons - is Carswell a holding midfielder? Woupd Higdon be isolated?

E - stick Law back out wide to link up with Hammell, and play Carswell or Hetherington from the start in a 2 man centre mid pair with Lasley. Pros - law is more then capable out left. Cons - he is also very capable in the middle and maybe can be more creative. Would a young midfielder and lasley in the middle be better than we currently have?

Option A. I think ZFA looks more like a first team player than Carswell.

interesting that a loan is mentioned. I would be quite disappointed with that to be honest despite our small squad. Scottish football is in a state where the more time and investment you put into young players then the more reward you should ultimately reap.

Also, bob McHugh at left mid?! Really?! If youre bringing him in then how do you line up the team?

hopefully watt comes back from airdrie and gets and opportunity on the left or the right.

if humphrey doesn't want to sign a new contract he should be put on ice asap.

By "put on ice " do you mean not play him ? Why would you not play one of our better players ? I wonder how assists he has had this season ? Anyone know

• Like 1

There are a lot of stupid things said on this board but this really takes the biscuit.

Hold one of our best players to ransom if he won't sign a new contract.

Not play one of our better players and disadvantage the team as a whole while there is a great chance of finished second with the big prize that brings, because he might want to forward his career?

:doh:

By "put on ice " do you mean not play him ? Why would you not play one of our better players ? I wonder how assists he has had this season ? Anyone know

Henrik Ojamaa 8

Nicky Law 5

Tom Hateley 4

Chris Humphrey 4

Michael Higdon 2

Jamie Murphy 2

I think Humphrey will get an assist for Murphy's goal today so that would be 5.

There are a lot of stupid things said on this board but this really takes the biscuit.

Hold one of our best players to ransom if he won't sign a new contract.

Not play one of our better players and disadvantage the team as a whole while there is a great chance of finished second with the big prize that brings, because he might want to forward his career?

:doh:

we played great football without him on wednesday. when he wasn't there it forced everyone else to raise their game rather than just look to move the ball out to the right.

he seems to have lost his pace as well. ryan o'leary and lee johnson matched him at points today. he set up a goal but the phrase monkey's and typewriters comes to mind. he was put 1-1 with full back well over a dozen times and we got very little out of it.

• Like 1

1356807293[/url]' post='370599']

hopefully watt comes back from airdrie and gets and opportunity on the left or the right.

Fook me nearly shat it when I saw that post then saw who it was by, aye good yin steel boy but April is a few months awaycheers.gif

When Saunders comes back from injury, he goes in @RB Hateley moves to the middle pushing Law wide (The best WINGER I ever saw) front 2 Higdon and Henrik

Randolph

Saunders Cummings Hutchison Hammell

Humphrey Hateley Lasley Law

Higdon Ojamma

Don't do that to us, Hateley in the centre of midfield?! Ye aff yer heed?!

we played great football without him on wednesday. when he wasn't there it forced everyone else to raise their game rather than just look to move the ball out to the right.

he seems to have lost his pace as well. ryan o'leary and lee johnson matched him at points today. he set up a goal but the phrase monkey's and typewriters comes to mind. he was put 1-1 with full back well over a dozen times and we got very little out of it.

Granted its a little predictable at times but that second paragraph is nonsense. He won just about every corner we had and put in several great balls. Not his fault we are terrible at corners or players don't gamble and make the run across the 6 yard box.

Same post ins and outs.

Looks pretty certain, person on twitter who was a match sponsor at motherwell game just tweeted:

Gee Moore [!]8207;@The_Fat_Nadal

Sheffield United signing Jamie Murphy guys just told me himself smile.gif

@AlexUTB yes buddy I was match sponsor at Motherwell game, he said an emotional goodbye and Is heading to the blades

Getting all the Sheffield United fans tweeting at me lol, yes ur signing Murphy