Ref On Sunday

Bill Bones

Have hated him since he sent off Faddy :(

Hate to be a pedantic so and so, but it was Ian Fyfe who sent Faddy off. That said, Brines is an arrogant tosser of the highest order, who as I'm sure we all remember helped to eliminate us from the League Cup this season against Accies.

Hope he was watching the game on Sunday and noticed how often Vennegoor of Hesslink fouled players and attempted to cheat. The ref. spoke to him about persistent fouling after 20min. I think he committed a foul of some sort that the ref. blew for about once for every 5 min. he was on the park.

Brines - Keep yer eye on him and deal with him!

As someone said, is there really any referee that wouldn't prompt an "Aw naw" response?!?

That said, this guy is an absolute joke. I've stated before, so no need to go into detail again, his , ahem, and I use the term loosely, "day job" is a polis and the two "professions" are perfectly suited.

:ph34r:B-)

The wee ginger minger was doing plenty of talking to him at Porkheid on Sunday.

Probably along the lines of " See how the ref disnae gie fouls when van fanny whor of castlemilk jumps in wi his elbows oot" Well you do the same next week.

"And see how Mcmanus brings down Miller about 30 seconds after the balls away then thats no a penalty." Just you do the same as your pal oot there and we'll get on fine.

Of course if that wee foreign guy Klimpl goes in hard on wee Nakymurra then its got to be a booking right away.

I googled him, and found this on a Celtic forum.

Does that red card yesterday put big Jan out of the Hibs game? You can't appeal 2 yellow cards can you?

Brines was an absolute joke yesterday; Celtic couldn't buy a free kick (or even a throw in) and the linesman were just as to blame for JVoH's first yellow. Naka and latterly Jarosik were kicked from pillar to post, and their strikers could push and shove our back line without fear of reprisal - indeed, he looked hell bent on giving ICT as many free kicks as possible.

Remember Yogi doing his nut about that at the start of the season, Brines came on to referee the end of the United v Celtic game after Richmond (I think) got hurt and then refereed Celtic v Falkirk the next week. Also we've got Thomson tonight and he is fourth official on Sunday? If he gives them a dodgy pen in the last minute tonight I think he could have a sore lug come Sunday.

I don't think Brines is biased, he's just a terrible terrible referee. I don't think it's ideal, however, for a guy to be 4th official the week before and then refereeing a game involving one of those teams the next week.

Are there any of the current crop of Refs who are less than terrible ?

The standard of match officials IMO has declined dramatically Hugh Dallas and co. were world class compared to this lot theres probably a whole other thread and a poll in this :cheers: