2013/14 Fixtures

Wellfan1984

Home start against Thistle would suit me. Think they'd bring a decent support for their first game.

As long as it's 3pm on the Saturday though I'm happy.

It'll be a Sunday because of the Europa League tie on the Thursday night.

Just noticed I'm way late with this :doh:

A thought.

How do the European fixtures slot in alongside the SPL? Are we due to be playing on the Thursdays before the first and second games?

Some twisted logic perhaps but given that Celtic have already got the second weekend off to fuck off to Dublin on a jolly would it suit us to be their opponents that weekend to allow some recovery time after what could be a return from the other side of Europe?

It has irritated me the way the SPL allowed this friendly thing to belittle the League programme - effectively all it is is to allow the Old Firm to make more money - but if there is a possibility of one of the diddy teams getting advantage from it then perhaps this is it.

Ofcourse it could be argued that the extra games might help us hit our peak more quickly so we wouldn't want a break.

As I say just a thought.

A thought.

How do the European fixtures slot in alongside the SPL? Are we due to be playing on the Thursdays before the first and second games?

Some twisted logic perhaps but given that Celtic have already got the second weekend off to fuck off to Dublin on a jolly would it suit us to be their opponents that weekend to allow some recovery time after what could be a return from the other side of Europe?

It has irritated me the way the SPL allowed this friendly thing to belittle the League programme - effectively all it is is to allow the Old Firm to make more money - but if there is a possibility of one of the diddy teams getting advantage from it then perhaps this is it.

Ofcourse it could be argued that the extra games might help us hit our peak more quickly so we wouldn't want a break.

As I say just a thought.

Definitely felt the hectic schedule hurt us at the start of last season. Difficult for players to peak 3 times in 7 days and we had to do it twice. We dont have a big enough squad to rotate so missing a league game in between Euro ties might be advantageous for us.

Its shit but unsurprising that Celtic can be excused for a friendly but we cant be excused to give us a better chance in Europe.

Definitely felt the hectic schedule hurt us at the start of last season. Difficult for players to peak 3 times in 7 days and we had to do it twice.

Aye. And that was with a solid settled team!

It really is astonishing Celtic are allowed to miss a game to take part in a friendly.

It really is astonishing Celtic are allowed to miss a game to take part in a friendly.

It isn't really though is it? Maybe to outsiders and those interested in across the board fairness in a national league set-up, but in Scotland it's pretty much accepted as the norm. About time those running our clubs addressed that issue.

I thought that was only meant to happen for one season! I'm so gullible I'm going to have to start reading the Daily Record.

That's correct, and the rules were any team could miss fixture 2 to play a friendly so if we had wanted to all we had to do was say just like anyone else. But yes Celtic (a) in game 2 is ideal as it could give us a rest only thing is they will probably be at home in game 1 to raise the flag!

That's correct, and the rules were any team could miss fixture 2 to play a friendly so if we had wanted to all we had to do was say just like anyone else. But yes Celtic (a) in game 2 is ideal as it could give us a rest only thing is they will probably be at home in game 1 to raise the flag!

Lose a fair bit of cash if Celtic at home is postponed to allow them to make even more money would we not? Midweek games do not generate as much revenue as weekend, probably televised, games. And anyway who needs a fucking rest? 2 games into the season and you think our players are going to be tired?

Lose a fair bit of cash if Celtic at home is postponed to allow them to make even more money would we not? Midweek games do not generate as much revenue as weekend, probably televised, games. And anyway who needs a fucking rest? 2 games into the season and you think our players are going to be tired?

I think so far the postponed game has always been at parkhead, presumably for this reason!

Motherwell or any other team would be pissed off if we took a financial hit for them to go off and play a money spinning friendly!

aberdeen away on boxing day is a disgrace. Don't think there will be many travelling fans going to that one

it would have been way too sensible to have them playing Dundee Utd or St J - are Killie playing Ross County or Inverness that day???

Hibs away - im disappointed with that start, but thinking about it not a surprise - both teams will probably be playing on the thursday night in europe, so makes sense to pair those teams against each other rather than inconvenience another 2 teams