Average Crowds Over Past 20 Years

dinnae-punt-it

Spectacular statement with regards to, no significant price increases at Fir Park

£27 walk up ticket price for behind goals on Saturday......

As I read it, the 'no significant price increases' refers to the early 2000's onwards. So, how much was that same ticket 5 and 10 years ago to compare it?

Really disturbing trend for us. I will hold my hand up and admit that my moving to New Zealand won't have helped.When you look at how recent success has not helped at all, you wonder if there is a solution.

I don't think it's a "really disturbing" trend.

Post 2008 financial collapse our figures are fairly similar (5307, 5255, 5362, 5175). You might actually say they have held up quite well considering our biggest crowd of the season was always against Rangers and they haven't be around to boost the total.

This seasons total will increase significantly over the weekend but even then it can't be meaningfully put against complete seasons although you have to suspect when it is all said and done it will be our lowest for quite some time.

It will be interesting to see how many come out for the crucial matches before and after Christmas.

The 90's was the killer for a lot of fans. Premier league football constantly rose from around a tenner right up to the 20quid Mark in that decade. A few guys who went almost every week with me from around the 84/85 season stopped going in the mid 90's as a result of the high rising prices and have never really been back since.

1417759821[/url]' post='426226']

The 90's was the killer for a lot of fans. Premier league football constantly rose from around a tenner right up to the 20quid Mark in that decade. A few guys who went almost every week with me from around the 84/85 season stopped going in the mid 90's as a result of the high rising prices and have never really been back since.

The beginning of that period also coincides with the saturation coverage on football on tv, there are English Premiership games finishing 30 mins before a 3pm kick off.At first it seemed great to have more football on tv,but now, I can see the detrimental effect it has had on the Scottish game