Celtic V Motherwell 1-0 1996

decorator

Did they really carry on with eleven when play properly re-started? I'm sure I would have remembered us and the media making much more of a stooshie if they had, even allowing for the fact Celtic were the beneficiaries.

I remember the red card and the eternity it took for the substitution to happen but can't remember them getting away with playing on with 11 men although I could well be wrong.

They might have done but in my minds eye they took absolutely ages with the substitution and the sickener was that it was only through the deliberate fannying about they made with the substitution that got them the six minutes of injury time they needed to score.

That bit rings a bell too! Sunday Mail or the Record was it?

Had he not just extended his contract or knocked back somebody and in the aftermath was slevering away about winning the league with us despite the fact the side he'd assembled now hurtling down the table.

And then after that game there was the remark that we should have been around at the front door of Parkhead to thank him.

A completely bizarre couple of articles that illustrated perfectly how easy a ride and how little proper analysis of your record is undertaken when you are a pal of the Scottish media.

• Like 1

From memory, I'm sure they attempted to play on with 11 before the Motherwell players pointed out to the ref what was happening, and a player was eventually substituted.

Edit - was this the game where Pierre van Hooijdonk scored the winner in around the 6th minute of stoppage time? :(

was my take on it also

I remember being there with my dad when I was 13.

Marshall dragged mcculloch down by the neck outside the box in front of the away fans. They stuck on a keeper but didn't sub anyone. Play didn't start and we complained and they took someone off.

All in all in took at least 5 mins and they scored in 96th min through van hooijdonk with a header and the stadium shook as much as I've ever felt before.

I think I then kicked the seat in front with my cream reebok classics

That's my memories anyway,

Might be wrong

Regardless, fuck them