Tickets For Youth Groups

Yoshi-1991

I seem to remember a deal where free/massively discounted tickets were punted out to schools across the shire...in particular one game against Kilmarnock where if memory serves me correctly Clarkson made a right chorus n verse of a penalty. We have 8-9 thousand seats empty every week in Fir Park, lets get them filled up with the free tickets for schools and local boys clubs, I suspect most of them are rarely at a live game beyond a happy birthday trip to the grewsome twosome. So a chance to get young people in the ground might go some way to growing our long term attendance against our ageing fanbase.

Exactly what community club should be doing. Engaging local kids and promoting junior admission at an affordable level.

Seriously, kids go for a pound shoukd be a promotion the club run every month.

Aye it would be good if they done it on a more regular basis. I'm an instructor with the cadets, the kids wouldn't think to go on their own but if there were free tickets on the go they would snap them up.

I'm sure if you contacted the club they'd do something for you.

Is the problem with these things not getting the volunteers to bring them along? School teachers, scout leaders. Boys club coaches etc. Will maybe come for a one off, but will they want to come every other week on top of the time they already commit...

I'm sure if you contacted the club they'd do something for you.

Is the problem with these things not getting the volunteers to bring them along? School teachers, scout leaders. Boys club coaches etc. Will maybe come for a one off, but will they want to come every other week on top of the time they already commit...

Yeah thats true. Obviously as a Motherwell fan I would be more than happy to give up the time but not sure about other instructors. Just wanted to find out a bit more before I mention it to other instructors first.

Free under 16 with every paying adult should be introduced before the game dies a death.

Yeah, I agree with this. I know there may be something about the cost of stewarding going up with more people in etc, but you could launch this offer by saying as long as the tickets are bought in advance. Get a free kids one. Gives everyone time to plan these things. I think the days of people waking up on a Saturday and saying to themselves "I fancy going to the game today" are long gone.

Credit where it's due to MFC, they do offer this with the season tickets. I moved to the Cooper Stand this season to take advantage of getting two free kids season tickets. So they are doing something.

I'd be interested to know just how many people PATG on a match-to-match basis? From an average Motherwell crowd of 3000-3500, I'd assume the vast majority would be ST holders.

I'd be interested to know just how many people PATG on a match-to-match basis? From an average Motherwell crowd of 3000-3500, I'd assume the vast majority would be ST holders.

I do.

It's really just habit in my case, in so much as it's the way I've always attended. When I started going to games in the late 80s with my Dad he'd never had a season ticket AFAIK (and he'd been going to Fir Park since 50s/60s). He was always just happy enough to PATG and in turn when I started going along as well it was same with me. I've never really felt compelled to get a season ticket. I've got no real need to sit in the same seat or anything like that. I'm actually a lot more comfortable paying the couple of £ extra for the gate price rather than pitching up out of a sense of obligation because I've already paid for the season ticket.

I've a feeling I'm very much an exception though.

I had one for 19 seasons but decided to give it up this summer. I play amateur football on a Saturday and whilst most of my games kick of at 10am, when we play in the Scottish cup etc it's 2pm, I missed a couple of 3pm games through that and I missed one half 12 kick off and came in at half time in the other. All of that considered, I struggled to make value of the season ticket last year. I would still have considered getting another had the prices frozen, but with circumstances, I got the early bird ticket last year and wouldn't have been able to afford it in June this year, meaning a £30 increase. It's difficult to justify spending £30 more on something you found little value on the year before.

It's a weird concept paying at the gate and as yet I have been to all four competitive home games we've had, as well as the under 20s against Airdrie. I don't think my motivation to go to games for the most part will wane, but I do remember thinking at the last home game of the season against St. Johnstone that I got nothing out of it and I was only there because I had already paid for it. There's a possibility I could look upon a meaningless post split fixture this season like that.

Yeah thats true. Obviously as a Motherwell fan I would be more than happy to give up the time but not sure about other instructors. Just wanted to find out a bit more before I mention it to other instructors first.

I've got an adult cooper ticket and don't use the free two kids ones. I'd quite happily contribute them to a group, or to a club pot of free tickets for kids. I'm sure plenty of others would do the same.

Post up how you get on with the club first, and if there's any way folk can use the spare kids tickets let us know.

Nice one.

I've got an adult cooper ticket and don't use the free two kids ones. I'd quite happily contribute them to a group, or to a club pot of free tickets for kids. I'm sure plenty of others would do the same.

Post up how you get on with the club first, and if there's any way folk can use the spare kids tickets let us know.

Cheers much appreciated. Will give the club a phone next week and see what they say.

Attendances over the last four or five seasons have seen a rapid decline.

Rangers did well to sustain an attendance of 20000 plus in the third tier of Scottish football. They have marketing muscle and a large fan base.

The point surely is, we should be engaging with more youngsters for the future.

Since the 1950s, true.

Since Rangers liquidated, not true.

Ours have, mind.