Player Identity

ECOSSE1991

It's certainly not the Pat Quinn whose image it should have been!

My guess, having been curious enough myself to try to work it out already is Jimmy Quinn who was a left-back converted from centre-forward under Jock Stein at Celtic.

There is much to dislike about Celtic but that Celtic wiki thing they have on to go is first class.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly an obvious faux pas with the image but I'd suggest it's maybe wee bitty harsh to say "errors in Motherwell programmes continues".

Some good strides have been made with the programme in recent times and I believe it came third in the top flight in one of the Programme Monthly awards last season, with the two teams finishing first and second having a whole lot more resources to chuck at their efforts.

• Like 3

It may be considered a ‘faux pas’ but one that shouldn’t happen.

I agree that there have been improvements of the content within Motherwell home programmes but to have the incorrect image of a Motherwell player shows poor proof reading or lack of knowledge by the person responsible for inserting it.

I am aware that minor errors can happen but too many have occurred regularly most seasons, if not, every season.

I base my comments as a collector of Motherwell programmes for 50 years.

I have in the past contacted the programme publishers and the club offering to assist/supply info/content but unfortunately my offer has not been taken up.

I don’t wish to annoy any fellow ‘Well fans with my minor moans.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you ML1 for the reply and information.

As stated in a previous post (post # 5) I've contacted the club numerous times offering to assist/supply info/content for the match day programmes but my offer has never been taken up.

Errors frustrate more than annoy me as having come across so many in the 50 years I've been collecting Motherwell programmes and when doing research into the clubs history it can result in any error being repeated in future publications, whether they be books or historical documents, club issued or otherwise.

If you do a google image search, that Ian Ferguson wrongly comes up as Iain Ferguson alongside loads of pictures of Iain Ferguson.

Iain Ferguson is quite a recognisable guy you'd have thought someone would've spotted that mistake, especially if you're a Motherwell fan, he scored in the '91 cup final.

• Like 3