Motherwell Vs St Johnstone

livivoice

Just a thought.

This match is still to be re arranged. But I notice that Celtic`s game with PT for the same original date as League Cup final has been rescheduled for December 20.

Would not be good if our game is slotted in on same date or any time close to it.

The idea of a dark ,wet and cold mid December night so close to Xmas and we would struggle to get a decent crowd. Factor in that St Johnstone dont carry a big support in any case.

Now I`m sure the club are thinking about this but how about targeting the free Saturday of November 11. As this weekend is set aside for the WC play offs surely we could play this game . We dont nor from what I can see do St Johnstone have any players involved in play offs.

Play it on the Saturday . Get bigger crowd with no Xmas distraction. I dare say we might also attract some neutrals from teams with players involved in the play offs .

As I say just a thought.

I totally agree, December just before Xmas is NOT the time to play a rearranged game, but not too sure of the rules for rearranged games, I am sure the SPFL have this rule that rearranged games in November/December have to be played before the end of the year, but that is what I remember from years ago. I am sure someone will correct me.

Anyway this is the problem that comes with success, so don't be downhearted if it has to be December.

I don't think the league allow top flight matches to be arranged for the international breaks. When's the Scotland v Holland kickabout?

Dunno.....but the League match vs St Johnstone is now scheduled for Tuesday 6th February 2018 19:45 ko

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/10/27/saints-fixture-switched/