Mcghee - A Retrospective View

Motherwell Seagull

Guest 'Flow

Alot more towards the positive I would say (and rightly so).

The gaffer is a top manager and we'll only notice how good he is/was when he eventually leaves the club.

One point of note from that forum... I seen the guy talk about how good we were at Inverness. I didn't think we were all that good that day, professional, but nothing else. If only that guy could've watched us November / December 2007 he would've seen what a real Mark McGhee Motherwell team was all about!

'Flow

One point of note from that forum... I seen the guy talk about how good we were at Inverness. I didn't think we were all that good that day, professional, but nothing else. If only that guy could've watched us November / December 2007 he would've seen what a real Mark McGhee Motherwell team was all about!

Its a strange one - I got about 20 Brighton fans into a pub to watch the Cup replay with St Mirren. I was quite disappointed that night, both with our display, and the overall quality of the game. The Brighton fans however generally thought that it was full of quality and skill!

I put it down to the difference between the SPL and League One! Having said that, St Mirren did start with a player who did not quite manage to produce the goods down at Brighton and got his move back home at Christmas.

The gaffer is a top manager and we'll only notice how good he is/was when he eventually leaves the club.

'Flow

:lol: I think that is very true for many but a lot of people appreciate the job he is doing now. He doesn't always get it right, show me a manager who does, but for the most part I'm just enjoying it while he's here and hoping it lasts a long time.

I agree with Flow, we won't fully appreciate how good a manager McGhee is until he's doing that job somewhere else.

For the doubters, have faith, he is top notch.

He's a cracking manager for us and we should be very happy to have him. We've been progressing as a team under him with a lot of external events going on ie our lack of transfer cash and our midden of a pitch. IN MM WE TRUST! :huh: . My only wee critisism is could he PLEASE make sure we dont go out of both cups AGAIN like spineless pussies next season. :huh: .

It definately could be a case of "you don't know a good thing till it's gone" with McGhee. Has been almost zero speculation linking him with any other jobs this season though? Maybe he will be here for the long haul? Certainly hope so.

I found it interesting that he referred to Brighton in his programme notes yesterday.

Perhaps it was down to Flow's passing on the link from the Brighton forum, but his comment yesterday suggested (despite him being sacked) that he had taken them as far along the road as he could.

Perhaps it was down to Flow's passing on the link from the Brighton forum, but his comment yesterday suggested (despite him being sacked) that he had taken them as far along the road as he could.

Thats an interesting comment from McGhee for all sorts of reasons - none of which are really relevant on a Motherwell board.

I thought he did well for Brighton, as he has done for Motherwell. The end for McGhee at Brighton covered nobody in glory (although I thought McGhee was dignified throughout - in public at least), and it appears that the folk behind the club are still to learn some lessons.

At Motherwell he appears to have close to the full backing of the Chairman - I doubt he enjoyed that level of backing at Brighton.

I found it interesting that he referred to Brighton in his programme notes yesterday.

That's probably Mark revising history a bit - I think he was desperately disappointed to get sacked and had been hoping to lead Brighton out into its new stadium. He remains a clear affection for the place and can always be spotted out and about down here on the sunny south coast.

But Brighton fans are a funny old bunch - recently they have just chewed up and spat out probably the most popular manager they have had in recent history in Micky Adams, so it was hardly surprising that Mark got some very negative treatment when he was always regarded as something of an outsider at Brighton because of his nationality.

Brighton fans did get a little bit ahead of themselves imagining themselves to be a Championship level club, and that's why they punished Mark so badly. Reality is biting now that we are struggling to stay out of League 2.

Those of us who supported Mark very strongly while he was Brighton are hardly happy to be proved right though <_<