Award For Girls Coach

Sarah

Saw in the Wishaw Press today, that the Motherwell FC girls coach, Angie Wilson won the best ' Volunteer in Women's/Girls' Football award at the Scottish Grassroots Awards ceremony.

The article made good reading, I didn't ralise that the number of girls from the club represnting Scotland is in double figures. No wonder after the great season all unders teams had!

Fantastic work and great to get the recognition she deserves. Well done!!

Thanks for all good wishes,much appreciated.As I said in the article I am delighted that after so many years we have finally got girls teams playing in Claret and Amber.I am fortunate that there are a lot of hardworking volunteers assisting me with the running of the club and I consider the award to be a reflection of the hard work put in by all volunteers and players over the years since we formed as Wishaw Girls Fc.Just to correct the statement about International players,we currently have 7 internationalist at the girls club,the amount of players past and present who have represented Scotland whilst playing for the club then takes it into double figures,hopefully this season we will add to this number. :lol:

Dee,the lowest structured age group for girls is u11s,but girls of any age are encouraged to get involved in coaching sessions.We are hoping to establish younger age groups in the future but again this comes down to recruiting volunteer coaches etc as well as players.