Managers Hurt As Well As Fans

Toxteth O'Grady

Have to say an excellent piece. I for one am delighted MM has pledeged his immediate future to us and hopefully close season he can really start to get players in and move others out. We have a good manager at our club im CERTAIN of that and hopefully with a bit of backing from Mr Boyle can give us a more succesfull season next season. If i have one minor critism of him then it's the fact that he's been too loyal to certain players in our team that frankly aren't SPL standard hopefully he's seen that for himself and will act accordingly. IN MM WE TRUST! :lol: .

I read this yesterday and found it very interesting, particularly the last paragraph about increasing the size of the squad - all the people looking for a wholesale clearance can forget it. My concern is we end up with a larger squad but with less quality at the top end of our squad to make the difference in games.

I read this yesterday and found it very interesting, particularly the last paragraph about increasing the size of the squad - all the people looking for a wholesale clearance can forget it. My concern is we end up with a larger squad but with less quality at the top end of our squad to make the difference in games.

I think this is where McGhee needs to learn a bit of the Wee Tommy McLean's. I think he's the guy for the job - but he needs to manage that wage bill more prudently.

To think we gave Malcolm a wage packet and not someone like Maman looks just plain mental looking back - and I think that this has slipped most people mind in the whole Hughes / midfield going forward debate. That guy must've been better value for money on the wage bill than Malcolm

McGhee needs to look at his overall budget in terms of wages and available transfer funds (which I believe as Elvis Costello once said will be "Less Than Zero") and acquire players that can do the job we need. With Hughes and Malcolm looking like they're offski - their wages could equate to 3 journeymen. Look what McLean did with journeymen.

Hopefully he is actually planning for wells pre season this year. As he quite obviously had other things on his mind last year.

I think this is where McGhee needs to learn a bit of the Wee Tommy McLean's. I think he's the guy for the job - but he needs to manage that wage bill more prudently.

To think we gave Malcolm a wage packet and not someone like Maman looks just plain mental looking back - and I think that this has slipped most people mind in the whole Hughes / midfield going forward debate. That guy must've been better value for money on the wage bill than Malcolm

McGhee needs to look at his overall budget in terms of wages and available transfer funds (which I believe as Elvis Costello once said will be "Less Than Zero") and acquire players that can do the job we need. With Hughes and Malcolm looking like they're offski - their wages could equate to 3 journeymen. Look what McLean did with journeymen.

Hopefully he is actually planning for wells pre season this year. As he quite obviously had other things on his mind last year.

You could have cut that sentence short with saying giving Malcolm a wage packet is plain mental. From what I can gather Maman is still without a club, if he was that good you'd think someone have snapped him up by now.

Maman was last seen at Toronto in the MLS. I thought he looked a decent enough player during the Bradford game and I'm sure McGhee would have kept him if the funds were available.

I know we only seen a snippet of him - but he was clearly a 'football' player and looked to pretty skillful - with regular games etc - we could have been onto something.