Sponsors Night

B.K.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame that after all the effort of the last few months to look and act like a proper club we have gone right back to square one!!

Its not the fact that the club has broken its contract with sponsors or even not holding the awards night that will annoy the most but its the sham of a statement from LD with the expectation that we will just nod in agreement and thank her for (finally) leting people know whats happening. If the club have not got enough shirts and no night was ever pre-booked then they have known of this situation for months so why wait til a fan raises the question before telling everyone?

Forget the SPL but is there any other club in Scotland not having a POTY night?

An update for all on the kit sponsors / club sponsors event.

The club has now been able to set a date that I hope will work for everyone. We want to have the event delivered as early as possible before the start of the new season but being mindful of summer breaks / potential euro spot and pre season friendlies we have therefore planned in a date of the 9th August. This is the Sunday before the start of the new season and would be held within Fir Park itself.

Details to follow by post to all club sponsors - as previously advised, the option still remains to receive your specific jerseys / kit prior to the 9th and now still attend the event.

Our apologies once again for the delay, happy as ever to receive feedback.

leeann.dempster@motherwellfc.co.uk

Leeann

Really dissappointed with all this and this is no doubt bound to have a snowball effect on shirt sponsorship and other sponsorship for next season.

The new date that has been set is a poor attempt to smooth things over, and like other posters have said there will be a few players missing for this presentation. Also, holding it in Fir PArk doesn't really work for me. First and foremost, it is too small and secondly, it lacks the glitz and glam of the Shawlands from last year.

It is just a poor showing off the club with no excuses what so ever. I've very much supported this new regime, but this is a major step backwards. While a few decisions under the previous admin were indeed questionable, it was them who put the building bricks in place for the POTY dance and all the hard work from last year has been undone. Once again Motherwell prove to be the amateur club of the SPL.

As a side note, what do the club intend to do regarding these signed agreement? I'm no lawyer, but I'm sure the shirt sponsors will have some sort of legal say! I think all sponsors should be offered a half price sponsorship for next season at least for this farce! And the standard price of sponsorship has to come down as there is no reality to the prices that were set on the back of last years very successful night.

An update for all on the kit sponsors / club sponsors event.

The club has now been able to set a date that I hope will work for everyone. We want to have the event delivered as early as possible before the start of the new season but being mindful of summer breaks / potential euro spot and pre season friendlies we have therefore planned in a date of the 9th August. This is the Sunday before the start of the new season and would be held within Fir Park itself.

Details to follow by post to all club sponsors - as previously advised, the option still remains to receive your specific jerseys / kit prior to the 9th and now still attend the event.

Our apologies once again for the delay, happy as ever to receive feedback.

leeann.dempster@motherwellfc.co.uk

Leeann

Has anyone received anything about this?

I don't know what to think... but the lack of mail that gets through to my address from the club I can never be sure if it's been sent or I've just been missed out.

Can't be easy to arrange an event at such short notice, but it was just a general question to see if the details have been issued to the sponsors.

Still feel......

• 2 months later...

Now, call me cynical but.........

Has anyone received their invite yet ??

There are only 2 weeks (15 days) to go till the "alleged rearranged" glitz and glamour Sponsors night.

Remember this is the one that was carried forward from the tail end of last season and hastily arranged for the 9th August.

Was at Fir Park today and spotted a notice stating that all players should make sure they are available for the evening of the 8th for the sponsor's evening so it does appear to be good to go!

What's happening with your draw Brazilian?

Got an answer phone message about the sponsors night:

Sunday 9th August@ 6:30pm

Centenary suite at Fir Park

two course meal, additional tickets £30

Ballso, to be honest I've been waiting on the club contacting me since receiving the original letter that specifically said they'd be in touch about handing over the strip, I never thought it would be so long until they actually did make contact :ph34r:

I'll get all the names printed off and bagged and try and find an independant draw master to pick one out the hat so to speak :P

Anyone that sponsored Sutton wants to go along to the sponsors night let me know and I'll give you Elaines number at the club.

• 2 weeks later...

just in from the sponsers night :D

what a great night it was too !

tam cowan was great through-out the night.

most first team players were in attendance are were available for pictures etc ..

the guest speaker, a rather hilarious comidian in myy opinion was fantastic, although he was getting the cold shoulder from some of the older members of the audiance :thumbup:

players were thier to hand out strips and so on :D

on the whole it was a great we night :D

p.s ... had paul slane been in attendance he would have got it tight :lol: tam cowan was gettin torn into him lolol !

Hi all not long back from the player sponsorship dinner, a fun time was had by all (not to sure about the comic) enjoy the pics, sorry about the poor quality of some of the shots but tonight had to be the night my camera decided that the flash should stop working.

l_c0dc7d9900294ca4946149b550bf57d4.jpg

l_19bcdaa57c414c98a17a64b20d0ce180.jpg

players relaxing before the meal

l_f65ac99c2422461facb7a811811dff06.jpg

Me and the other half enjoy a breath of fresh air and look at the new pitch

l_953a640263ef4831b445e931038d655f.jpg

Jim Gannon loving my sideburns!!

Good to see you had a good time delboy. Surprised to see Jim Gannon there right enough. Don't think McGhee ever attended these fan nights. Was it all long sleeved shirts that was given out mate? Any mention of sponsorship for next year?

Good to see you had a good time delboy. Surprised to see Jim Gannon there right enough. Don't think McGhee ever attended these fan nights. Was it all long sleeved shirts that was given out mate? Any mention of sponsorship for next year?

Wee bit unfair on Mark McGhee, Finlay, as he attended last year's sponsor night at The Shawlands Hotel, the game show night at the Mega Bar and took part in the Q&A at the night for Phil O'Donnell.

Wee bit unfair on Mark McGhee, Finlay, as he attended last year's sponsor night at The Shawlands Hotel, the game show night at the Mega Bar and took part in the Q&A at the night for Phil O'Donnell.

I stand corrected then!! Obviously he was at the night for Phil, but work prevented me from attending the other two you mentioned. I based my knowledge on mates who WERE present. Really should have taken the amount of alcohol they can consume into the equation right enough.

Good to see you sticking up for him though ;)

Maybe a few recent 'off the record' gloating JC comments (must have happened :thumbup: ) triggered a protective streak.

The LOUDEST smile I have ever heard :doh::D

EDIT: To be fair Haggis I did say I DON'T THINK! Revising history? For a man that got us a bottom three finish in each of the eight seasons he was manager??? Beat it!!