Mcghee In The Sunday Mail.

postiejim

Going back to the original article, Motherwell cant compete with Championship clubs in the transfer market , is the manager genuinely surprised by this how long has he been here ?

He doesn't mention being surprised anywhere in the article. He is merely pointing out the difficulties a club like Motherwell has at this time of year.

Who's he pointing it out to? Motherwell fans know the situation. I don't remember many Motherwell managers of the past competing with Championship sides for players or taking valued Old Firm players from them. Was he fibbed to when he took the job ?

and he cant have been as confident as he says he was of landing that player if him heading to England now hasnt came as surprise.

I'm not one of those always on his back, he's the best we've had in a while and the best we are likely to have in a while IMO but talk is cheap, he's want to get on with the job he's paid to do and quit moaning and coming out with rubbish like this and a 15 game run shows we're 3rd best in the land - as we're watching them struggle to get the points off of the lower sides to take us higher than 7th place

I'll re-phrase what I said earlier.

We need to score more goals. Which I know is stating he bleeding obvious. To be fair, Clarkson has chipped in with more than his fair share. As others have correctly pointe out, no-one else is even getting close. Our inability to get another goal in games we have been totally control of has cost us dear all season.

The article is very worrying though. I'm not saying that it won't be difficult, but even if Klimpl, Hughes, and Buzz STAY, we still need to bring in 3 or 4 decent players in various positions in order to even tread water. Anything less and it will not be good.

No more loaners like Sheridans, Gabbans, the boy from Birmingham etc. It was absolutely pointless bringing them in.

Who's he pointing it out to?

Probably pointing it out to the c**t in the media that is asking about signings in the first place, FFS. Not sure I have ever come across a Motherwell manager who has had media comments scrutinised under the microscope like McGhee has - folks seem awfully willing to lay into him for no apparent reason, even if he is just keeping us informed.

Q: So, Mark, any new signings on the horizon?

A: Well, it's difficult for us financially. Just this week I put in an offer for a player we had our eye on for a while but a championship side came in and offered 3 times the wages we could and, rightly, he has jumped at that.

That's probably the gist of what was said and I see no reason for folks to be on McGhee's back for that. Wouldn't exactly call it moaning or rubbish. It's just highlighting to us that, hey, it's not just a case of going out and grabbing who you want even from the lower divisions.

Probably pointing it out to the c**t in the media that is asking about signings in the first place, FFS. Not sure I have ever come across a Motherwell manager who has had media comments scrutinised under the microscope like McGhee has - folks seem awfully willing to lay into him for no apparent reason, even if he is just keeping us informed.

Q: So, Mark, any new signings on the horizon?

A: Well, it's difficult for us financially. Just this week I put in an offer for a player we had our eye on for a while but a championship side came in and offered 3 times the wages we could and, rightly, he has jumped at that.

That's probably the gist of what was said and I see no reason for folks to be on McGhee's back for that. Wouldn't exactly call it moaning or rubbish. It's just highlighting to us that, hey, it's not just a case of going out and grabbing who you want even from the lower divisions.

THats it on the head Haggis.

I'd really like to know what the folks that are moaning would do with the budget that's available.

I find it also amazing that people continue to talk about who we should punt before the end of a contract. The good players will get picked up by bigger clubs for a fee. The average players will see out their contract and renew or move on its that simple. In the current climate - no one mid contract will be leaving FP unless an offer comes in.

I believe Sutton and O'Brian have something to offer but frankly haven't done it often enough this season i would like to see 5 players brought in during the close season 2 strikers 2 midfielders and a feckin centre half to play alongside Craigan. :whistling: .

I know we are rank at present and a lot of different players have been getting pelters but having watched the highlights of the Falkirk game, we seem to have lost another two poor goals from a defensive standpoint. IMO, one player who should be getting pelters but seems to mainly avoid them, is Mark Reynolds who if memory serves, hasn't missed a game this season. His performances this season for me have underlined that whatever his best position turns out to be, it most certainly is not a centre-back. I believe he was originally a left-back before being asked to fill in at centre-back a couple of seasons ago and has perhaps gained the position by default. He has pluses and minuses. Pluses - he's quite pacy and a decent tackler. Minuses - useless in the air, lacks physical strength and can't pass (not the only one). I truly think MM has to re-think his defence and consider Reynolds for either left back or defensive midfield.