Last Time 3 Well Players In Scotland Team

El Grew

I just hope that if the 3 'Well players get to play in the forthcoming International that we get a better outcome than the last time this happened.

Wembley, 1961 and Ian St John, Pat Quinn and Bert McCann all played for Scotland against the Auld Enemy. The outcome was arguably the worst ever result in our International History --> 9-3 (mind you Iran and Costa Rica run it damned close). Pat Quinn actually scored Scotland's 4rd goal.

Guest 'Flow

Did we not have five for the Kirin Cup back in the mid 90's?

I seem to remember Woods, McKinnon, McCart, Martin and Lambert in the same squad?

'Flow

Did we not have five for the Kirin Cup back in the mid 90's?

I seem to remember Woods, McKinnon, McCart, Martin and Lambert in the same squad?

'Flow

A B squad maybe? I'm pretty sure neither Woods or McCart got called up to a senior squad.

Scott Howie did make full squads though.

i have a vague memory of McCart getting a call up, but Woods got a couple. I am sure he was the 3rd choice keeper in 2/3 squads

Lee

edit sfa website sfa

select kirin cup and then 1995 and martin, lambert and mckinnon play in one game, martin with lambert as a sub in the other

I can remember Woods being called up as back-up for a full Scotland squad but I thought it was only on one occasion.

McCart I don't remember getting a full call up but I believe did play in the SFL centenary match (or was in the squad) of either the Scotland team or the SFL select when they played at Hampden.

McCart also played in a B International against Wales down there, which for some reason I seem to recollect him scoring an own goal and then a goal for Scotland.

EDIT: I see Haggischomper has already posted the same about the goals at both ends in the Clarky captain thread.