Next Seasons Squad

hammy

4 - 3 - 3 right to left side

Michael Fraser

Paul Quinn Brian Mclean Stephen Craigan Steven Hammell

Jim O'Brien Maros Klimpl Filipe Morais

Jamie Murphy Cillian Sheridan David Clarkson

thats what i would have, anyone care to post any of their squad ideas for next season

:lol:

Good.

Think we're in desperate need of a new striker to partner Clarky. Murphy's not up to the task, and Sutton, well he gets the goals but can be very anonymous in matches.

I'm not overly enthuised by Michael Fraser so would like another goalkeeper too. Hope we can hold on to Maros next season!

Those that are here or have signed on pre-contract

Goalkeepers

Michael Fraser

Defenders

Paul Quinn

Brian McLean

Stephen Craigan

Mark Reynolds

Shaun Hutchison

Steven Saunders

Stevie Hammell

Jonathan Page

Midfielders

Marc Fitzpatrick

Steven McGarry

Keith Lasley

Jim O'Brien

Darren Smith

Forwards

David Clarkson

John Sutton

Jamie Murphy

Possibles/I would like

Goalkeepers

Artur Krysiak

Midfielders

Stephen Hughes/Goal Scoring Midfielder

Maros Klimpl

Very true, but could yesterday be a sign of knowing Smith is leaving and given Artur a chance to prove himself, and apart from a wicked deflection beating him at his near post, he looked calm and collected when needed, including some dodgy pass backs from the defence. Also a keeper, and a foreign one at that, that can come and collect a cross :lol:

Morais would be delightful in the squad, i wouldn't mind seeing foran back too. Kyysiak imo didn't look convincing.

In what way did he not look convincing?

- He came for crosses and collected them all

- He dealt with some real dodgy pass backs, only being beaten once from a Quinn pass back but done enough to cover himself and Quinn in that scenario.

- Seemed to lead the defence well

I'd agree, I don't think Krysiak did anything wrong yesterday. The errors for their goals were down to those who should have been defending properly.

I just can't believe MM would want Sheridan for another year. I'm sorry but apart from a very well taken goal against Inverness and a good display against Accies last week he has been minging. His second touch more often than not is preceeded by a sprint!

I'd rather take a chance and plunder League One for a striker than have him back for a year.

At this minute in time I dread to think what our squad will be like.

If McGhee stays then hopefully we'll see some of these players he has been looking at signing up.

If he goes then the new manager has to start all over again and if he only has a couple of weeks to identify and sign plays for the Europa League qualifiers then we could be in serious trouble next season.

Lets take Lee Beevers which was supposedly just about a done deal. What happens if he signs and the new manager doesn't rate him ie Simon Mensing OR the deal isn't done and MM wants him for Aberdeen? Or he was only moving to us because of McGhee?

Too many scenarios at the minute that would need to be looked at.

I will garauntee though that Hughes and possibly Buzz will follow him to Aberdeen if that's where he ends up.

Stay Mark and show us what you have been working on for next season. For the last couple of months we have seen you commiting yourself to us next season and how you have been focussing on getting players in.

With our new picth we can get back to playing football the way it should be played and the way McGhee likes to play it.

I dread to think what sort of football we'd see if it was Bobby Williamson or any of the other usual suspects that we could be linked with.

Filipe Morais and the return of Richie Foran are good shouts for a start. Both are realistic and affordable.

I may be a minority here but I think Klimpl is just OK and average. Fans favourite purely cos he shows commitment and likes crunching tackles. He'll probably sign cos nobody else will want him.

Bring in Luc Nijholt with Terry Butcher as his assistant, bring over a handful of Dutch gems, sign Imrie and the boy Beevers, get TB to have them all playing like men possessed and leave the tactics and guile to Luc. Easy peasy.

Frazzle

amen to all of that.

You'd think with Hughes and Smith pretty much leaving, as is Bob we'd be able to pay players more of a wage than they'd get at St Johnstone!! Thats diabolical.

Call me a pessimist but I don't see a rosy future unless we get suitable replacements, who can we get in thats gonna fill Hughesys boots?

I've heard just this morning from someone who knows one of the two players heading to St Johnstone rather than us, he says that we were matching St Johnstone in terms of fee and salary, however we wanted to pay it in two instalments and they were willing to pay it all now, hence why Livi sold to them and not us.

To the OP, hammy - that team is WAY too attacking. Also I think our 4-3-3 days are finished. I reckon McGhee wants to go for a 4-4-2 and do it properly - with two actual wingers.

RM: Jim O'Brien has started to look very decent as a right winger so I reckon that is McGhee's plans.

LM: We NEED a left winger for the other side. I Would be over the moon with Felipe Morais has others have suggested.

CM: I would (like most) be delighted if Klimpl signs on a two year contract with us. I actually think the big man will do this.

CM: That just leaves the 'attacking' centre min spot vacated by Hughes. Lasley could do a job in here but I would love it if McGhee pulled a gem out of no-where - a 'Dorman' type who can get us 7/8 goals a season would be perfect for us - we missed this going from three strikers down to two most games.

Bit back to front and inside out but that would be a cracking midfield there.

The defence, I doubt we would see much investment in, especially if McLean signs on. If Reynolds stays I would try him at LB in the games big Craigan may sit out as he takes it a bit easier (or injuries etc..)

GK: Fraser (Or A.N. Other)

RB: Quinn

CB: McLean, we really couldn't do much better than sign him up. Good player.

CB: Craigan, immense

LB: Reynolds/Hammell

This leaves the Strikers. I would be happy enough with Clarky (Get him signed up!!!) and Sutton - I think Sutton is a better player than most think he is. He is a finisher. Hopefully Murphy can come on a bit next season too. Clearly I wouldn;t be adverse to signing another striker - perhaps an unearthed 6ft 2 fast as fuck brick shit house Nigerian or some shit!!

FW: Clarkson

FW: Sutton/Murphy/African player of the year 2009/10 :)

I think with all that (exept the 30 goal Nigerian) you have a very realistic and very decent team next season. Main squadies would still be guys like Lasley/McGarry/Fitzy but I wouldn;t mind one of them making may for the youth and being released.

So. Signings in order of importance:

MUST SIGN!!

Left Winger (for about the eight season in a row - get a left winger min!!!) Felipe Morais?

Centre Mid - Attacking

SHOULD SIGN!!

Centre Mid - Defensive - Klimpl?

Second Goalie

Could Sign!

Striker

------------------

'Mon the 'Well!!!