• Keith Lasley
    • Marc Fitzpatrick
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Steve McGarry
    • Darren Smith
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Bob Malcolm
    • No vote

I don't think we've done this yet, so who would you vote for for this season's POTY?

(I think I've covered everyone with the exception of some of the young 'uns who only played a game or two, if I've missed anyone out please mention it and I'll amend the poll.)

My vote goes to Davie Clarkson for his work-rate, determination and the very fact that he'd run through a brick wall for Motherwell Football Club. Oh and he bagged 14 goals too.

EDIT: (MODS) Just realised this subject was included in the "Season Lowlights" thread. Please delete this if necessary.

Voted for Clarky for his great return of goals this season.

Got to mention Craggs tae when ye see how different the team is when hes not playing.

Would have Smith up there if only he could learn how to deal with crosses.

Reynolds i think has been a total bombscare at times this season.

yep, my vote has to go to Clarkson as well. He's been great for us this season: his work ethic, goals and general play have been deserving of the vote.

Massive, massive improvement in the last 3-4 seasons from Clarkson... if he keeps this level of improvement up, we won't be able to hold on to him next year.

Clarkson for me, always put in a real shift and maturing every season into a really difficult striker for other team to defend against.

Big shout to the rest of the guys as well they just about all put in a good shift for us this season but had to go for Clarkson.

I don't think its been one of the easier years to select a candidate. I've felt several players had some really excellent spells but few have managed to keep their form going over the season for one reason or another.

Lasley started brilliantly then fell away when Klimpl arrived. When he moved to midfield he was initially a revelation but towards the end of the season he fell away a bit too. You had Porter on one of those "goalden" streaks (tabloid style) before he left which could have made him a candidate if he had kicked around.

Moving up the pecking order, Buzz probably had one of his most consistent seasons between the sticks and you had Craigan who when he was fit and in the side was generally excellent and brought solidity and organisation when most needed, but then he missed some large chunks.

All in all though I've gone for Clarkson. Lots of endeavour and fight as ever but a good return of goals in a season where he has had to learn to play a different position, when he's been used on the right hand side quite a bit.

Can't really see past Clarkson myself. Lasley had a terrific start to the season, Smith was brilliant all year round, O'Brien and McLean were good once they got a run in the team, Klimpl and Craigan were also good.

Really tough choice this year as a number of players have enjoyed excellent spellss of various times of the season but nobody has really maintained an excellent season throughout.

Smith is an interesting choice, probably our most consistent performer but didn't cover himself in glory at home to Nancy. Barring that though, he has been a safe pair of hands and gets my vote. While he will always struggle with crosses, it's going to be tough to replace him.

Good servant to the club.

went for craigan, the only other contender for me was clarkson. mark reynolds was a lost boy when crags was injured, infact the whole team looked lost. when craigan came back we went on a brilliant run