Would A Bigger Named Manager Have Convinced Quinn Etc To Stay?

andy_well

Was a point made to me yesterday. Did the fact that - of the 4 names in for the managers job made up of 3 reasonably big names and someone that most peeps players included had never heard of - we have went with the latter play a part in people finally deciding it was time to move on? Would it have been different had we brought in a man who has managed in the biggest league in England and / or internationally?

Nah, I don't think so. The Clarkson and Quinn deals were already afoot before Gannon was announced. With the out of contract guys, as big stall says, mid table SPL for 1-2k per week or league 1/mid table championship for 7-10k a week and that's before sign on fees etc!

Cheers, Dez

Was a point made to me yesterday. Did the fact that - of the 4 names in for the managers job made up of 3 reasonably big names and someone that most peeps players included had never heard of - we have went with the latter play a part in people finally deciding it was time to move on? Would it have been different had we brought in a man who has managed in the biggest league in England and / or internationally?

Definately no. Clarkson and Quinn have moved for financial reasons and to further their careers. Time to move on for both them and the club. Let's bring on fresh talent.