Top 10 Stars From The Championship

Captain_Jack

Makes you wonder if there has been any other Scottish team that has been as successful at bringing on young players in recent years. Off the top of my head:

Faddy

Pearson

Reynolds

Roscoe

Clarky

Quinn

and some of the emerging talent Murphy, Slane, Forbes etc

I would think that record is better than the Old Firms

Makes you wonder if there has been any other Scottish team that has been as successful at bringing on young players in recent years. Off the top of my head:

Faddy

Pearson

Reynolds

Roscoe

Clarky

Quinn

and some of the emerging talent Murphy, Slane, Forbes etc

I would think that record is better than the Old Firms

if you include mccormack you might as well include mcdonald, he was 20 when he joined.

hibs have probably got the upper hand though with brown, thomson, o'connor, riordan, fletcher and o'connor.

Fletcher signed a 5yr deal with Hibs.

Clarky had one year remaining on his deal.

We were in no room to negotiate a bigger fee, Hibs were.

Fletcher also lived off the hype of "Real Madrid were once interested in me".

Well Robert Snodgrass once interested Barca, and where is he now... League 1..

Would have to agree Jonny.

As much as I wasn't Clarksons bggest fan he always seemed to score more goals per season than Fletcher and when you compare the 2, Clarkson always looked to be putting in more of a shift.

Does Clarkson have more caps than Fletcher??

Does Clarkson have more caps than Fletcher??

No, but comparable goal return.

1 each.

Albeit oor Clarky's was against Petr Cech, as well as skinning Tomas Ujfalusi. A far greater feat than heading in against the Icelanders. Although, Fletchers was far more important in the grand scheme of things.

The claim that McCormack is another one from the Motherwell academy is stretching it a bit, to say the least. However he certainly came to the fore with us after rarely featuring for Rangers (other than the Champions League tap in they keep mentioning).

The claim that McCormack is another one from the Motherwell academy is stretching it a bit, to say the least. However he certainly came to the fore with us after rarely featuring for Rangers (other than the Champions League tap in they keep mentioning).

Ok take him out and it is still a fairly impressive list. Makes you wonder what they have been doing at Murray Park.

I suppose to be fair they are possibly producing good players, but unfortunately they never see the light of day because they can't get into the first team and if they do they are immediately too expensive for most other clubs in Britian to afford.

Anyway the point was I think that it is something our wee club should be proud of.

Flecth didn't have the best of season but I think he has the makings of a very good player. I've always rated him since he first came on the scene and his performance against us in November was a flash of how good he can be.

He scored a peach of a goal last night as well.

Aye but he is, to me, one of, if not the most one footed player you have ever seen in your life. The saying "only uses his weaker foot to stand on" was written for Fletcher. Hibs fans even made fun of the fact he runs extra yards to make sure he doesn't have to touch the ball with his right foot :)

Yes David Clarkson is better than Obafemi Martins and Tuncay :notworthy: Aye right then.

Was thinking that myself. Where is Tuncay on that list? Easily head and shoulders above anyone in the Championship and at least half of the Premiership aswell. Maybe they are certain he won't be at Boro come the start of the season. Actually add in Digard, Gary O'Neil, Juli Arca, Afonso Alves, Mido and adam Johnson from Boro's squad alone.

Jonas Gutierrez (Argentina International), Damien Duff, Joey Barton, Habib Beye, Alan Smith, Geremi from the Geordies and it begins to make that list look daft

How did we only get £800,000 for Clarkson yet Hibs Managed £3,000,000 for Fletcher?

Personally Clarkson is a better player?

Anyone agree/ disagree?

I think we were robbed?

I think Fletcher is a slightly more developed player than Clarkson but there isn't 2 million pounds of a difference.

The difference is that Hibs can keep players on better contracts (higher wages/longer contracts) which makes them less likely to be lured away and gives them the option of refusing advances. They are also financially secure from having secured good deals previously.

We operate on slim margins and can't negotiate as hard with buyers and we can't offer players contracts of a similar level which means more clubs can lure our players away.

In the end any product is only worth its market value, a can of Coke doesn't sell for the same price in London than it does in Mexico City, even if its essentially the same thing.