If There Is Grass On The Pitch Play!

rab_mackinnon

To play or not to play at fir park  

115 members have voted

1. 1. that is the question?

• Play the steau game at fir park
    • wait to play kilmarnock on the 22/08/09

I've been reading a lot of posts on other threads and the general consensus seems to be there is no place like home.

We have a lovely new bowling green of a pitch which we were due to christen against wigan, and for the sake of two days we are playing the steaua game in airdrie.

Maybe i'm being impatient but part of me thinks the new bowling green should have it's maiden game against a decent opposition or glamour tie.

Instead our first game will be against Kilmarnock, no disrespect to them but there not steau and there not wigan.

I've made a wee poll to gather opinions, part of the reason that makes me want to play at fir park, is this time from the updates we've had on the parks progress it seems that everything possible has been done to improve the longevity of the pitch, so will we really have the same problems if we have one or two games on it before the season starts?

I open the floor

I don't mind playing in Ardrie, to be honest it could be a bit of a lucky stadium for us (boak!!!). No need to rush it, best leaving it for a friendly incase it cuts up as badly as most new pitches do.

I voted to wait. We may as well ruin Airdrie's pitch and keep ours in perfect condition for as long as possible. If we play on it too early we could end up with a pitch that's a complete state by the end of the season after our long europa cup campaign :D

:D

I think it has already been posted somewhere but the reason the Europa League game is being played in Airdrie is that the Fir Park floodlights are up for an overhaul during the week of the Bucharest game. It has nothing to do with the new pitch.

The Wigan game would have been on a Saturday afternoon and therefore didn't need lights but I don't think UEFA would be too happy about playing a Europa League match in semi-darkness

:D

I think it has already been posted somewhere but the reason the Europa League game is being played in Airdrie is that the Fir Park floodlights are up for an overhaul during the week of the Bucharest game. It has nothing to do with the new pitch.

The Wigan game would have been on a Saturday afternoon and therefore didn't need lights but I don't think UEFA would be too happy about playing a Europa League match in semi-darkness

Nah, that's not entirely correct mate. There is work on the floodlights being carried out but the pitch needs more time to knit together also. Flow stated as such somewhere in another thread.

Is it not irrelevant since the tickets are already on sale for the game at Airdrie?

Whilst the club won't be making as much dosh from the games at Airdrie given the lower crowds that might be expected at Fir Park and having to hire the stadium I'll bet in terms of organisation they won't be too unhappy its not been at Fir Park.

At Airdrie its a relatively straight forward case of selling tickets. At Fir Park you would have the added complication of season ticket holders looking to get first pick at their own seats, which given the timescales could surely only be guaranteed for a couple of days and inevitable outcry that would follow if you weren't able to buy within that tight timescale.

I'm weighing up who to believe about whats best for the pitch.

The people who have been working on it or an internet retard.

It's a thinker...

:lol:

There was me thinking the club wanted to play at Airdrie just to spite us as well ........

If the expert advice is to leave the pitch alone for the time being then going against that would be downright negligent and would no doubt upset the SPL.

To those who advocate playing on it next week I'd say that you can't complain later in the season when its not for purpose.

A no brainer.

For as long as i care to remember and im now the old age of 24, Fir Park Pitch has been a riot. If the club are spending money to have a lovely playable pitch for the 2009/10 Season let it be for the first home game.

I would love the pitch to be used vs Steaua or Wigan BUT, i dont mind the Airdrie Stadium, its actually nice and the pitch looks fine. (Apart from the travel to Airdrie NIGHTMARE)

I would rather have a great pitch all season and the grass roots to be knitted together with as much time as possible to allow this..

I still think that "rab_mackinnon" is our old friend Ice Rink !! The style and substance( :lol: ) is so similar.

For what it's worth, we leave the pitch at Fir Park for as long as possible before playing on it.

Stuart.

Nahh i know who Rab is and its no Ice Rink.

Love you all.