Paul Mcgrillen

Guest 'Flow

Contary to the previous poster I didn't think the we man had changed much at all since he got his mowgli mop cut in the early 90's - have seen some pictures of him at Bathgate recently and he looked as if he'd hardly aged or changed at all.

Not important right now right enough. However the guy was looking well.

Absolutely stunning news, on a day which is a huge occassion for our club, yet again we are dealt a huge shock from fate.

I have vague memories of Paul playing for us in my younger days and remember when he was moved as part of that inexplicable deal and again of seeing him on Soccer Saturday banging in the goals for, Stenhousemuir, I think?

Absolutely shocking.

RIP

Won't ever forget his joy at scoring goals, especially that one where both he and the late, great Uncle Phil downed FHW at Fir Park. Sad, sad day.

Terrible news. I saw him outside Fir Park just last year when he was down for a coaching course and he looked as fit as when he played for us. He was really nice with any of the kids who approached him, too.

Also sad to hear that Wilson Humphries's wife has just died. Condolences to both families.

While I was typing this, I just heard from a journalist that Mowgli's death may have been suicide - I hope to God not. My heart goes out to his family.

Won't ever forget his joy at scoring goals, especially that one where both he and the late, great Uncle Phil downed FHW at Fir Park. Sad, sad day.

If you were comparing McLean's best vs McGhee's best - you'd compare that game to the tragic game vs Dundee Utd.

Stunning displays of football.

Gutted about Mowgli.

I'll always remember during a reserve game at FP (against Celtic - cant remember any more details) the physio had to come on. He had to leave his bag as he helped the injured player off. Mowgli picked his bag up and pranced to the sideline with it, holding it like a handbag, laughing all the way.

I'll never forget it.

RIP Paul. I am so shocked by this news. I don't think it has sunk in.

He was my favourite player when I first started following the well. My first ever game of football he scored. We beat Dundee Utd 3-1 (i think).

I can't believe that's another 'well hero gone.

While I was typing this, I just heard from a journalist that Mowgli's death may have been suicide - I hope to God not. My heart goes out to his family.

I didn't want to be the one to raise the subject on the thread, but I work next to one of Paul's neighbours and he says it was suicide; apparently he hung himself in his garage.

Mods feel free to amend this if you wish for now, however I guess it's only a matter of time before this is confirmed publicly.

Tragic tale.

Post on P & B suggests he may have taken his own life, added into the police announcing no suspicous circumstances. Looks grim.

Also heard from a friend of the family that whats being suggested above is true, but as has been said, mods feel free to delete.