Parking Around The Ground

Well fans banker

Couldn't believe that with the complete lack of parking facilities at the ground that they have now closed the Health centre car park to football supporters. You now need a pass to park there even when though the centre is closed. I travel all the way from darlington only to find i cant park in the car park i have used longer than i can remmeber

All that is going to happen now is the local residents will get annoyed as we take up all their facilities while this car park stands empty.

Cant wait until we actually have a game against a team with a travelling support!!!

See if you go down Airbles Street there is a bit of parking down there, but like you say, the availability of parking in and around Fir Park is virtually non-existant. And with the College now moved and out of the equation, even the away fans have very little option open to them.

There are certainly fewer places now than when I remember my old man first bringing along in the car a good couple of decades back. There are houses now where we used to park.

These days my mate Scott, who gives me a lift up by, will head for the MacDonald Street car park near the Civic and for most games you can generally find a spot so long as you don't leave it too late.

See to be honest, theres plenty parking near Fir Park.

There is, if you can be there before about 2.15 or so. I think Cala homes, who I'm sure bought the Motherwell College site, could have opened up the Car Parks there for the games but doubt they will. If there's a concert on at the Civic on the day of a game, then yes, car parking really does become a severe issue.

Because i arrived early i got in at the civic but while i was sat there quite a few were turned away by the poor car park attendant and the civic quickly filled up around me. i just cant see the point of having a car park with so many spaces left empty and for drivers trying to get to the game having to drive round looking for a space come christmas when the pantomime season starts it is going to be murder.

Sooner the better then as if we're to remain at Fir Park and the Health Centre is to stay closed for the foreseeable future parking will be a nightmare when either the Old Firm or the Edinburgh Clubs come to town. I really cannot understand why they closed that car park when it has been used for at least the last 10-15 years by 'Well fans.

I could understand maybe, just midweek but on a Saturday... really?

See to be honest, theres plenty parking near Fir Park.

Exactly!

Correct me if im wrong but what the original poster is saying is that there is nowhere to park yet he/she got parked in the civic with no problem? :P

Explain? <_>

Not once did the OP mention no where to park. He has mentioned that a good number of spaces which are usually full for a normal home game are now unavailable, which could lead to problems when we actually play a team with a traveling support - especially as it would be unfair on the locals to use residential car parks while one not in use (which has been used for over a decade - probably longer by football fans) sits empty.

On the subject I felt for the one man in charge of making sure no one parked there as while I was around I seen at least 20 cars try and park in there. Poor sod!

Sooner we have a purpose built car park the better I believe. :P