Motherwell v Inverness

Hearts v Dunfermline

Dundee v Aberdeen

Hibs v St Johnstone

Falkirk v Celtic

Kilmarnock v St Mirren

Queen of the South v Rangers

Ross County v Dundee United

Teams in bold to win, and the Mighty Well to make the semis at least!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't draw Killie as they are seeded. Has to be one of the 'lesser' First Division teams at home as we could progress to next round and game is FREE with season ticket book!! I'm tight :P

Glad you posted this Finlay, was coming on to ask if that was the case again this season.

Quarter-finalists......

Motherwell, Dunfermline, Dundee, Saint Johnstone, Falkirk, Saint Mirren, Queen of the South, Ross County.

Well, that's certainly not what the Meejia would want.......!

It's a good draw, confident of progression to the Quarters.

Quarter-finalists......

Motherwell, Dunfermline, Dundee, Saint Johnstone, Falkirk, Saint Mirren, Queen of the South, Ross County.

Well, that's certainly not what the Meejia would want.......!

It's a good draw, confident of progression to the Quarters.

Jeez, I'd be over the moon if that was the case ;)

I wouldn't because us being Motherwell we would find a way to screw it up. Give us Hearts, Hibs and Dundee Uniteds any day of the week because that is the ties we win.

Nae OF in a cup that is only going into the fourth round??? That ALONE would have me doing cartwheels.

Invershneck fans on their forum are extremely confident of coming down here and getting through with ease! Definetly still suffering from that big-club syndrome that recently relegated clubs clearly do. I know they should be quietly confident, but they way they are talking you'd think they were in the Quarters already. Time to shut up a few Northern traps!

Invershneck fans on their forum are extremely confident of coming down here and getting through with ease! Definetly still suffering from that big-club syndrome that recently relegated clubs clearly do. I know they should be quietly confident, but they way they are talking you'd think they were in the Quarters already. Time to shut up a few Northern traps!

When was the last time Inverness beat us ? I am thinking Malpish 4-1 fir park some of the worst defending I have ever saw at Fir Park. That was the game I was shouting at my cousin " give the man time we have loads of injuries". How wrong was I !!

They beat us 2-0 up there later that season after the split but McGhee registered six wins and a draw against them. The way the draw is done everyone would have been hoping for us or Killie and perhaps Aberdeen. If I was them I'd be delighted to draw us. As us a home tie and avoiding SPL teams is as good as we could hope for.

They beat us 2-0 up there later that season after the split but McGhee registered six wins and a draw against them. The way the draw is done everyone would have been hoping for us or Killie and perhaps Aberdeen. If I was them I'd be delighted to draw us. As us a home tie and avoiding SPL teams is as good as we could hope for.

Aye a do see where you're coming from but in a daft way I'd prefer the premier teams because we seem to do better against them. I should say the better SPL teams no your pish like Accies and St Mirren :rolleyes:

And none of these teams are basing that they want us on anything apart from all the players we have lost. If they have saw us at our spectacular best this year they would be somewhat more worried.

Given our record in Cup competition against first division teams in recent years, there's no reason why they shouldn't be confident. This is exactly the type of game that we usually fuck up in. Themselves, St.Johnstone, Dundee and Ayr Utd have all came to Fir Park as first division sides and knocked us out of the Cup, twice in Ayr's case.

This is a very tricky tie for us and one that we could well slip up on if we're not careful. We rarely get an easy game at home against that lot and even when they were a 2nd division team back in the late 90s, we threw away a 2-0 lead against them in the League Cup and needed penalties to beat them.

Not too confident about this one atall. :ph34r:

To be fair, the teams who aren't SPL sides aren't exactly mugs. They're the pick of the first division really, so we knew before the draw was made that it wasn't going to be an easy tie. A First divison team at home is about as good as we could've hoped for, although personally I'd have preferred Dunfermline.

Be fair Ricky, regardless of the circumstances be us top or bottom of the table, on a blistering or awful run of form I can't ever remember you predicting anything other than a positive outcome for MFC before a game.

Maybe there's a few liked minded Caley fans who can't see past their own team getting a result?

Tricky tie but a winnable tie. Pleased its at home too and also that Gannon, from his comments appears to be taking the competition seriously.

Be fair Ricky, regardless of the circumstances be us top or bottom of the table, on a blistering or awful run of form I can't ever remember you predicting anything other than a positive outcome for MFC before a game.

Maybe there's a few liked minded Caley fans who can't see past their own team getting a result?

Tricky tie but a winnable tie. Pleased its at home too and also that Gannon, from his comments appears to be taking the competition seriously.

Yer probably right, Andy, but what got me was their absoulte confidence we are all over the joint despite our best start to a league season since 1996-97! It'll be a tough match I've no doubt, it just amazed me how overly-confident they are despite the relatively poor start they have had.