Dear Mr Gannon......

Well73

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The last five or six years have been the most consistently successful in the clubs history for 60 years.

Boyle made mistakes when he first came into the job but he deserves a heck of a lot of credit also. The chairman's job is to make sure the club is well run and turns a profit and he's done that better than almost any other chairman in the league. Out of the last four managers he's appointed, he's got two spot on, made a mistake with Malpas, and looks to have done well bringing in Gannon, so that's a 75% strike rate on managers. Go have a look around and see how many other chairman in Scotland can say that. We've also made Europe, got to semi finals and finals, been Top 6 or Top 6 contenders etc. All under Boyles stewardship.

I'd be very happy to see Boyle continue indefinitely but too many people around here have short memories or have rose tinted glasses about the past. John Boyle has taken this club to a different level, but as is the Motherwell way, he gets no thanks for it, or is openly abused.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The past is the past. I started this to say thank you to Gannon guy has done what he said he would and I for one like that. Boyle has pissed me off in the past but the McGoo signing impressed me at the time as a "thinking out the box" bit of business. Gannon again looks like a great bit of business and lets face it thats what football is today, business! For me Boyle should be cold, cash driven, and make unpopular decisions and most of all keep us in the BLACK, something Mr. Chapman before him always made sure of. If anybody on here thinks JB is not committed to this club you should go get your head seen to, as I said the past is the past. As for now and the future I think for us at Motherwell it is bright and I like that too.

NEMO let it go mate chill out and you might even live a bit longer :notworthy:

the point is john thought he could do a smaller take on what fergus done at celtic,and for one min dont think john lost all his money when we went into admin.john has his finger in lots of other companys and pushes the money between them :nod:

Not sure Boyle ever claimed that he had lost all his money when we went into admin, although not sure he would say the same about his divorce...! :P

Yes, that right, lets get rid of John Boyle and get a Vladimir Romanov type figure in! I work beside jambos and they are just waiting for the day when he walks out on Hearts and they are left with nothing.

John Boyle put his own money into the club. We were left with no huge debt unlike other clubs. He had to put us into administration because the expenses were spiralling out of control thanks to a certain Mr Nevin.

Don't forget he paid for Porter and Hughes out of his own pocket and no doubt has put his money into the club in other ways which we are unaware of.

I really can't understand people who criticise John Boyle because he is a Motherwell supporter and has the best interest of the club at heart. If we were to mount a concentrated campaign to oust him god help us!

well said that man!

the point is john thought he could do a smaller take on what fergus done at celtic,and for one min dont think john lost all his money when we went into admin.john has his finger in lots of other companys and pushes the money between them :nod:

regardless of whether he lost all his money or not (which he didn't) , to lose £7,000,000 of your own hard earned is a bitter pill to swallow I'll bet.

He lost more than I'll ever earn in my lifetime, more than most of us will ever earn in our lives !

£7m is £7m whether you have £10m or £100m its still a whore o' a lot o' cash to flush down the pan .

and as for being a poor mans Fergus McCann.... well would you say no if someone arrived at Fir Park with bings of cash and told you that he'd invest it in the club to get you some of the best internationalists on the park in the claret and amber, would upgrade the stadium to one of the best in the country, and generally provide financial backing for a set period of years. Then at a pre-arranged point in time he would sell his share and leave you on a sound financial footing.

you wouldn't knock it back would you ?

Boyle tried it, and had we been in a different location (ie not so close to the OF ) then he might just have pulled it off !

His plan failed, but did he wash his hands of MFC ?

No .... he invested more money out his own pocket to fund better players to help us short term, but also with the hope of European football in there and domestic cup runs etc which all give a boost financially.

Out of interest , which one of the hundreds of millionaire businessmen that are currently chapping Mr Boyles door to buy MFC would you have at the helm ?? :P

regardless of whether he lost all his money or not (which he didn't) , to lose £7,000,000 of your own hard earned is a bitter pill to swallow I'll bet.

He lost more than I'll ever earn in my lifetime, more than most of us will ever earn in our lives !

£7m is £7m whether you have £10m or £100m its still a whore o' a lot o' cash to flush down the pan .

and as for being a poor mans Fergus McCann.... well would you say no if someone arrived at Fir Park with bings of cash and told you that he'd invest it in the club to get you some of the best internationalists on the park in the claret and amber, would upgrade the stadium to one of the best in the country, and generally provide financial backing for a set period of years. Then at a pre-arranged point in time he would sell his share and leave you on a sound financial footing.

you wouldn't knock it back would you ?

Boyle tried it, and had we been in a different location (ie not so close to the OF ) then he might just have pulled it off !

His plan failed, but did he wash his hands of MFC ?

No .... he invested more money out his own pocket to fund better players to help us short term, but also with the hope of European football in there and domestic cup runs etc which all give a boost financially.

Out of interest , which one of the hundreds of millionaire businessmen that are currently chapping Mr Boyles door to buy MFC would you have at the helm ?? :P

nlc :nod:

I hope Boyle has learned from his mistakes, for me there is still a lot of bridge building to be done between him and the fans, but he is getting there with the help of Leanne Dempster, never should a chairman try to maximise profit at the expense of his own fans, that will stick in my throat for some time, but we move on and what is happening at Motherwell is fantastic at the moment. Long may it continue

My thoughts exactly.......... I stopped going to Fir Park altogether (would have been my 30'th season as a Dosser) because of John Boyles stupid decision. Anyway, times change and the Cooper is back to Well fans only.

For what it's worth, I've been pleasantly surprised by the way JB has handled his custodianship of the club recently........

It's the start of a new era under Jim Gannon so let's all move forward. Onwards and Upwards.....

From a Cooper season ticket holder........ :lol:

I'm neither pro nor anti Boyle, but furfuxake gie the man a break !!

the man has made mistakes, learnt from them , and I would assume never make them again.

thats life ! suck it up

I take it that you have never in your life made a mistake, and have always managed to please everyone all of the time ??

thought not -_-

Does MMG get the same symathy???

Short memories were we not days from going bust and he signs a new manager who does well, and hes a fookin saint again Fook me we truly are fickle.

Praise to the manager but Fuk Boyle and no apologies for that.

Short memories were we not days from going bust and he signs a new manager who does well, and hes a fookin saint again Fook me we truly are fickle.

goan away up to aberdeen and gee yer pal a hand job so yer hands are kept busy and we dont have tae read yer pish

sorry , but......McGhee has made mistakes, moved clubs, then made the same mistakes again, moved club, and made the same mistakes again , moved clubs, made the same mistakes...........

MMG + mistakes = no learny !!

on a wee side-note ......are you Mark McGhee's maw by any chance ???

:lol:

The past is the past. I started this to say thank you to Gannon guy has done what he said he would and I for one like that. Boyle has pissed me off in the past but the McGoo signing impressed me at the time as a "thinking out the box" bit of business. Gannon again looks like a great bit of business and lets face it thats what football is today, business! For me Boyle should be cold, cash driven, and make unpopular decisions and most of all keep us in the BLACK, something Mr. Chapman before him always made sure of. If anybody on here thinks JB is not committed to this club you should go get your head seen to, as I said the past is the past. As for now and the future I think for us at Motherwell it is bright and I like that too.

NEMO let it go mate chill out and you might even live a bit longer :P

Aye m8 i need to let it go and take a chill pill, away to watch the Scotland game so doubt it will last long ;)