Stewart Kerr

numpty

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=133

Stewart Kerr

New Goalkeeping Coach

The club is delighted to confirm the appointment of former Celtic stopper Stewart Kerr as goalkeeping coach.

The 34-year-old replaces Colin Meldrum who left to join Aberdeen at the beginning of the month and he will now work with keepers John Ruddy, Michael Fraser, Sebastian Kosiorowski, Ross Hyslop and Shaun Thomson.

“I’m delighted to be here,” said Kerr, speaking exclusively to motherwellfc.co.uk

“I’ve been in and about the club for a few weeks and I’ve been impressed by everyone at the club. The management team in particular are very through, very meticulous in everything they do.

“I was previously with Airdrie United and whilst I am very thankful to Kenny Black for giving me the opportunity, this is a massive step-up.

“There’s a better standard of player and from that, obviously, a better standard of goalkeeper. There’s a great deal of talent at the club, I’ve been hugely impressed by John Ruddy’s professionalism and his attitude - he’s a pleasure to work with.

“Michael Fraser has come in, worked really hard and is improving all the time. Young Seb is also doing well; he’s got a lot to learn but his shown a willingness to improve which means we can work with him.

“My remit is to make the goalkeepers better and the gaffer has given me a free-run to express my thoughts and ideas with them which will hopefully, over time, make them better.”

First lesson, teach them how to save a Jorg Alberts free-kick - oh,that's right :rolleyes:

Seriously though, i'm glad this guys still in football after his career took a bit of a tumble through injury. All the best

A bit harsh to be honest, it was the defender on the end of the wall, Jackie McNamara I think, who shat it and jumped out of the way that caused that goal. Kerr was a decent goalie back in his early days at Celtic and was on the verge of a Scotland call up when his injuries struck.

Welcome on board Stewart.

And fair play to him for recognising that Motherwell are a 'massive step up' from Airdrie Utd :D

I wasn't having a go mate, and ok mcnamara should have stayed put bt then i widney have fancied being in front of that 80mph shot - and the ball was in the net before kerr touched the soil anaw. No keeper would have got it unless they were standing right there.............

I seem to remember Alberts thundering a good few by Celtic in his time,along with a lot of other teams.

The main part of my point was below that tho.....

1. Big Ruddy leaves in January
  2. Michael fraser is the sole replacement :O apart from the young polish boy
  3. Gordon Marshall retired in his 40's Stew Kerr is only 35

Catch ma drift.

Not really. Stewart Kerr was forced to retire with a back injury and will never play again, if that's what you were getting at...

1. Big Ruddy leaves in January
  2. Michael fraser is the sole replacement :O apart from the young polish boy
  3. Gordon Marshall retired in his 40's Stew Kerr is only 35

Catch ma drift.

:O

1. Ruddy decides to accept a modest paycut to sign a two year deal at the Well. Everton accept a modest sum (£LOL)

2. MM signs Fraser for £100 000 and gives him Leighton's Job.

3. Kerr discovers another gem already playing for in the Motherwell youths and gives him his chance.

But then its my birthday and I've had toomuch malt.

Welcome on board and good luck Stewart.

I'm also extremmely proud to say I can't relate back to you any detailed incidents of OF games from the past and have absolutely no recollection of who takes free kicks or stands at the end of a wall. I was probably washing ma hair that day.

C'mon the well

Welcome on board and good luck Stewart.

I'm also extremmely proud to say I can't relate back to you any detailed incidents of OF games from the past and have absolutely no recollection of who takes free kicks or stands at the end of a wall. I was probably washing ma hair that day.

C'mon the well

+1

Bit suspicious of people with memories that good of OF games! :O

+1

Bit suspicious of people with memories that good of OF games! :D

LOL i know of at least three or four people on these boards who i grew up with a went to parkhead or ibrox regularly until the last 5 years - and i know this because, i was usually on the same bus.

People change, i'll never deny that i will probably always like rangers over celtic etc - but i go to fir park now,and have done for 5-6 years.That's where loyalties lie now.

+1

Bit suspicious of people with memories that good of OF games! :D

What's to be suspiscious about? Like it or lump it, the Old Firm derby is a big, big thing in Scottish Football and plenty of neutrals watch them, both up here and down in England. It's a game that generates interest in folk and not just those who support either team. I know plenty of Motherwell fans who do watch and have watched them over the years, usually because they have friends or family who support either team and they watch the games with them. Obviously you're not going to remember every single thing that happens in every single game, but certain things you will and in the case of that Jorg Albertz free kick, that was a very good strike and has been replayed time and time again since on the TV and such, so it's an easy one to remember.