St Mirren V Motherwell; League Game

WellTiliDie

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've watched it again (a good few times) on the massive projector screen, slowed down, and for me, it's a penalty.

O'Brien touches the ball slightly to the left, then Murray comes through him and then the ball and it's on the line, alas, a spot kick.

Referee was spot on (No pun intended)!

'Flow

I watched the highlight last night to see this mysterious nalty for myself.

What could the radio commentators be on about (no one in the ground bar the ref knew why it had been given)? What could poor wee Gus be on about.

Jee Soh Man! When you see it it's a stonefuckinwaller.

if I had thought it was soft I'd have no hesitation in saying that. You say all these debatable jobs every week.

However I defy anyone to explain to me why that wasn't an absolute stone waller.

You ever heard the phrase " Your talking pish"? -_-

Stop making things up, it's not smart. :doh::lol::lol:

Heard it? I'm reading it aff you every post. It's a pen, we got it, we scored it, get over it. No matter how often you tell yirsel it's not, it still is, end of.

Fuxake everything's black and white wi you intit? :woop:

I must admit, at the time I was pissing myself laughing as it looked like he'd won the ball outside the box, but having seen it on TV, just the once at normal speed from a different angle, it looked like a penalty right enough.

To be honest, I'm not sure, but I'm also not caring. Them's the breaks.

Edit: I must admit, it's much easier to say that when it's your team that has benefitted. If we get put out of the cup tomorrow night with them getting a similar 'nalty, I hope I'm big enough to come on here the next day and say the same thing, but I'm not convinced I wouldn't be whinging like a big girl.

Well ask Jim O'Brien- quoted in the record today as saying that it wasn't a penalty.

A bastion of truth that paper. Says in The Express he didnae think it was a foul and that the player won the ball. TV clearly shows the player didnae win the ball so therefore he's mistaken.

Penalty!!!! -_-

O'Brien is being nothing more than objective in his comments and says nothing to wind anyone up whatsoever. He states he fell over because he was tackled. That sometimes happens you know! I can see why it was given, the guy slid in with a a late tackle and too often these go unpunished. The comments from certain areas of the press stating "that only the ref knew why he gave it" are utter pish. It's quite obvious why he gave it.

Maybe the St Mirren fans should be man enough to notice that there was a foul on a Motherwell player that allowed them to gain possession to score the first goal. Albeit, we could've still defended it better.

That's fitba.