Ticket Sales For Tuesday...

Ocelot Groomin'

Good to see such a fantastic crowd however seems like every time large numbers of folk make the effort to be at a game the team put in an absolute duffer of a performance. Think that's the Motherwell way though.

:D AGREE ! TONIGHT BIG DUFFER ! :lol:

And Im going back to Stirlng Albion 1971/2 ?????

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't meant to be going tonight, but after getting away from work early!

I got there about half seven to be told it was sold out.

Then went round to get tickets for there end only to be told, me, my 15 year old son and his mate, who weren't wearing colours, and my 10 year old couldn't buy tickets because my the wee one was wearing a Motherwell tracksuit.

All this after phoning St Mirren at twenty past six to make sure there were enough tickets, before telling the wee boy we were going.

Fucking murder trying to drive home wi a ten year old crying cos it was his fault we never got in.

Then went round to get tickets for there end only to be told, me, my 15 year old son and his mate, who weren't wearing colours, and my 10 year old couldn't buy tickets because my the wee one was wearing a Motherwell tracksuit.

All this after phoning St Mirren at twenty past six to make sure there were enough tickets, before telling the wee boy we were going.

Fucking murder trying to drive home wi a ten year old crying cos it was his fault we never got in.

Think I met you outside and it was a shocking performance from those in charge! No co-operation between stewards and policing.

Well, It was his fault.

I noticed the attendances were only differing in a couple of folk. 2 more folk were there on Saturday and say there was 500 less Well fans? Does that mean there was 500 less St Mirren fans tonight???

Also, how come they couldn't just give the overflow to a wee section in the main stand. Was never going to fill up in the first place was it?!

Ran out of tickets JOKE, the stand opposite us could have taken Motherwell fans and they could have been moved to the Left stand as it was 1/3 full.

Managed to buy a ticket of a punter so thanks to him, hope he got in the home end.

Ohh aye and when i got in the stewards and the seating arrangements were a JOKE, i had a ticket for a good seat but punted in the bottom left corner CRAP.

i sympathise with people who didn't get in last but it should be remembered that st mirren wanted the match to be all ticket and the only reason it wasn't was because well fans asked for it not to be.

i agree that they should have made an overspill for well fans but the fact they didn't is probably down to the polis.

Me and a friend got there about 20 past 6 and went for dinner etc. to waste a bit of time. Turned up at the park about 20 past 7 and were told that the tickets had sold out. Was gutted and had to sit in the home end. Did meet a nice guy that did the same and sat next to us and we didnt really enjoy having to stand and clap their goals :thumbup:

Oh and the woman in the away ticket office was a right cheeky cow to us :lol:

Actually had a good night though pity about the result.

i sympathise with people who didn't get in last but it should be remembered that st mirren wanted the match to be all ticket and the only reason it wasn't was because well fans asked for it not to be.

i agree that they should have made an overspill for well fans but the fact they didn't is probably down to the polis.

steelboy ...... I take it you weren't there then ?? The match WAS all ticket !!!

We sat in the home end for around 60 minutes before we got ejected for being Motherwell fans....although mainly due to the KLM God :lol: and at least he bought us a drink afterwards.

We had just started singing "Oh when the Saints" when finally asked to leave :thumbup:

Managed to wriggle out being ejected at this point only to leave after another 5 minutes cos it was shite and for fear of catching something from the pond life in the home end

steelboy ...... I take it you weren't there then ?? The match WAS all ticket !!!

of course i was there! you can see me swaggering about the front of the stand when st mirren score their first goal on the bbc highlights.

i'm sure some well fans emailed st mirren asking to be able to buy tickets for the match on the night which is what led to the problems. let's face it nobody anticipated our support would double from saturday to today. except dee obviously but that just highlights how unlikely it was :thumbup:

of course i was there! you can see me swaggering about the front of the stand when st mirren score their first goal on the bbc highlights.

i'm sure some well fans emailed st mirren asking to be able to buy tickets for the match on the night which is what led to the problems. let's face it nobody anticipated our support would double from saturday to today. except dee obviously but that just highlights how unlikely it was :P

The other side of that coin is that is that those 'Well fans who emailed St Mirren (me included) contributed to saving a number of people a unnecessary or awkward trek to Fir Park outwith a match day to collect tickets and spared folk taking a gamble on whether their ticket would arrive through the post.

That between them St Mirren and Motherwell came to the decision of allowing collections and sales on the night was an entirely common sense approach in both making it easier for fans to buy and boosting their revenue.

To suggest that it somehow those who were trying to make life easier are responsible for folk getting locked out is quite a leap.

How many did we take we take to the League Cup game at Paisley a couple of years ago - around 1700 if I remember rightly. How many did we take for the Scottish Cup game the same season 3000 plus. How many did we take last season around 1200 or abouts?

With reduced prices and the above crowds from recent Cup ties its not so much of a surprise the numbers that went through and I'd say if there were problems it was more down to a lack of pre-planning than a sensible decision to sell on the night.

Things could perhaps have been communicated better on the day. You could say the club could have put something on the official knowing that they were sending less than 300 to Paisley to sell on the night and folk might have got along sharper than they were.

But even then you might still have been faced with a sell-out, just that it occurred earlier in the evening.

Ultimately you could say that knowing what crowds had turned up previously for Cup ties and that only a couple of hundred were left that St Mirren and the police might have had an overflow section set up beforehand. Its not that hard to take a wee a few yards of plastic tape in the last section of the Main Stand if it proves not to be required.

I would argue there were several more important contributory factors to last night's problems than someone asking to have tickets available on the night.

We sat in the home end for around 60 minutes before we got ejected for being Motherwell fans....although mainly due to the KLM God :P and at least he bought us a drink afterwards.

We had just started singing "Oh when the Saints" when finally asked to leave :P

:lol::lol: no wonder they don't have many fans when they are asked to leave for singing 'home' tunes.

Was wondering today why they took our ticket stubs off us?? Must have realised they made a balls up and didn't want any come back with our proof!

Home ends from now on :lol:

Was wondering today why they took our ticket stubs off us?? Must have realised they made a balls up and didn't want any come back with our proof!

I've been wondering about this too - i managed to keep a hold of ma ticket so maybe worth a wee letter to SMFC asking why "a neutral fan" :( was asked to leave the ground for sitting amongst a bunch of fans who were undercover Well Fans.