• Chris Humphrey
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Null Vote

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wide open MOTM competition today with a lot of good performances but I actually went for Jutkiewicz. I thought his movement both with and without the ball was superb and he did everything bar score. So many times we were under pressure at a shy and he would show for the ball, shrug off a couple of hearts players an find a pass. That and some of the lovely touches and flicks he showed and I think we're beginning to see glimpses of why Everton bought him in the first place.

Hopefully he'll keep improving and we can extend his loan until the end of the season.

O'Brien - ran all day and that guy Thomson did not know what to do with him. But he gained us a man advantage with perseverence which was so beneficial in the seven added minutes and the technique on the volley was outstanding.

However to me you could make an argument for everyone in the team apart from Ruddy (and that was just because Hearts were kept so quiet!).

Wide open MOTM competition today with a lot of good performances but I actually went for Jutkiewicz. I thought his movement both with and without the ball was superb and he did everything bar score. So many times we were under pressure at a shy and he would show for the ball, shrug off a couple of hearts players an find a pass. That and some of the lovely touches and flicks he showed and I think we're beginning to see glimpses of why Everton bought him in the first place.

I voted for Coke but you are spot on about Jutkiewicz. Him and Sutton were a real handful for the Hearts defence.

Lukas for me, could have been either of the front two. As they pretty much won everything that was launched to them. Sutton won basically every knock-on and Lukas held the ball up successfully and looked threatening with his runs and very rarely lost possession. Several intelligent runs throughout the game to open up the space for the attacking midfielders. Particularly for Coke's shot (albeit a poor one), Lukas dragging both defenders and the entire goal then opened up for Coke to have his shot, unfortunately unsuccessfully. It's the runs that go un-noticed by most.

Agreed that Reynolds, Saunders, Hutchinson were all fantastic at the back, but vote goes to one of the strikers due to Hearts being very poor in the final 3rd and as much as the three mentioned done their job very well, they weren't tested as much as we possibly would have expected from a Hearts team.

Could have anyone today from O'Brien, Coke, Lukas, Sutton, Reynolds, Hutch, Saunders

I thought everyone (bar maybe Moutakil) played well today.

Coke was back to his best and it is quite staggering to think we had two teenagers in central defence who looked so accomplished.

Coke edges it for me - but my runners up spot would go to big Lukas. People have had a go at him recently but today he showed why he is getting better and better. His hold up play and off loading was simply top notch. Go Jukebox :P

Much more like it today. Lots of contenders and really difficult to choose. Ruddy didn't have much to do but what he did have to do he did it well, gives so much confidence to the defence and the rest of the team. Hutch is an excellent player and I think that we will really struggle to keep a hold of him long term, Saunders apart from some wayword passes was great - absolutely superb in the air, Yassin much better but still needs to be more confidents to get past a player he definitely has the pace. Coke, Hately, Forbes much better. Jim O'Brien - what can I say excellent as usual and other teams must hate playing against him his touch and trickery on the ball are what we go to football for and want to see. Reynolds - how good is he when he gets his head down and actually runs at players. Sutton and Jutkiewicz up front did really well today.

But for me Jutkiewicz was the pick of all of them and I'm starting to see why Everton paid a fair bit of cash for him. Good in the air, holds up the ball well and puts a real shift in.

But well done to all of the guys and of course Jim Gannon.

Not complaining but how piss poor and disinterested did the Jam Tarts look.