Half Season Tickets

KirkySuperSub

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was gonnae post the exact same thing. My wee nephew supports the blue half of the bigot brothers as a result of his armchair faither. Thus, I am looking to get him a half season ticket. I reckon if I take him to enough games he will change his mind. It worked with Daza MFC. Aye Daza I'm taking some of the credit :thumbup:

I was gonnae post the exact same thing. My wee nephew supports the blue half of the bigot brothers as a result of his armchair faither. Thus, I am looking to get him a half season ticket. I reckon if I take him to enough games he will change his mind. It worked with Daza MFC. Aye Daza I'm taking some of the credit :P

:thumbup:

The club are looking for ways to make football more affordable and as ever I am keen to hear what everyone has got to say from ticket pricing to innovative ways to stretch payments.

I will be coming to you all soon to get some feedback for next season with a view to looking at ways to offer easier payments, perhaps new longer terms direct debits schemes and workable ideas / other ways to encourage fans back into the ground. I will be in contact with the supporters association and the supporters trust to plan a meeting pre Christmas to kick off these discussions so you can either email me prior to that with your ideas or keep them till the meeting.

To kick it all off we are going to test - a 3 month payment scheme for half season tickets. No catches, no interest, no admin fee - just 3 straight monthly payments whereby we will issue the season ticket after payment 2.....and essentially we are operating on trust that the 3rd payment will be honoured (and yes we will pursue it if not however I prefer to take the trust perspective.) Yes there is risk to the club but if we don't test these ideas then we will never know whether or not they might work.

Norwich City instigated a similar scheme a few years back and it proved so popular and so successful that they were able to extend it for a longer period and roll it out across all season tickets. I want to see if it can work for us.

Once completed I'll be transparent with the figures - how many folk have taken up the offer and the number of, IF ANY??, defaulters.

Leeann

I would be delighted if the club came up with an interest free monthly payment scheme for the whole season ticket too. I think even if there was a small interest fee involved I'd be happy with that. I currently pay mine by credit card, work out the cost over the season and pay it off over the season.

Admittedly I'm likely to be buying my ticket whatever scheme is in place so its perhaps more relevant to MFC for non season-ticket holders, or lapsed holders to answer whether that would encourage them to buy or not, but a good idea nonetheless.

I'm definately looking at the half-season ticket deal with the payment deal, and would certainly look at getting a ticket for the entire season if some sort of direct debit was in place instead of a one-off payment.

An idea like this is certainly needed if the club are serious about getting more punters through the gates, and they should be applauded if they decide to go through with it.