Fir Park To Host Cis Semi

deJaya

If we're getting a bit of extra dosh for staging this - GREAT!

If by having the game at Fir Park is pissing off St Mirren and/or Hearts fans - GREAT!

And while the Jambo quoted in the Scotsman clearly has a cheek really if both the clubs and both sets of fans want to play it at Hampden, it should really be at Hampden.

what do we get out of this money wise?????

Very little - will be a couple of grand. Given the hassle and time spent organising police/stewards and by the time the club have paid electricity for the floodlights and other expenses then the club will have little leftover from what they receive from the SFL.

We'll probably organise / help organise the police and stewards but won't be liable for any of the costs

I'm not so sure. there was a match a couple of years ago (I think it may have been Scotland - Italy U21's?) which was hosted at fir Park. The club apparently received £10K but this was for use of the stadium including all facilities including police / stewards. I can't remember if the club were allowed to charge media for use of press room or not but either way I doubt they'll be able to do that in this case. The club will make some money but it'll be minimal. Perhaps the best we're hoping for is percentage of ticket sales and a sell out crowd.

So Gus MacPherson thought it would be "completely ridiculous" to play his team's CIS Cup Semi against Hearts at Easter Road!!??????

Well we had to it back in 2005! So what's so special about St Mirren then??? :lol:

And as far Hearts fans comments about stadia. They are having a laugh. Access to and from and parking at their hovel of a ground is a complete bloody joke. As for new Love Street, its a completely soulless set of 4 boxes.

If we're getting a bit of extra dosh for staging this - GREAT!

If by having the game at Fir Park is pissing off St Mirren and/or Hearts fans - GREAT!

And while the Jambo quoted in the Scotsman clearly has a cheek really if both the clubs and both sets of fans want to play it at Hampden, it should really be at Hampden.

St Mirren fan beside me at work says he and all his pals wanted to avoid playing at Hampden. At least Fir Park will generate a bit of atmosphere even with 12,000 in

So Gus MacPherson thought it would be "completely ridiculous" to play his team's CIS Cup Semi against Hearts at Easter Road!!??????

Well we had to it back in 2005! So what's so special about St Mirren then??? :thumbup:

And as far Hearts fans comments about stadia. They are having a laugh. Access to and from and parking at their hovel of a ground is a complete bloody joke. As for new Love Street, its a completely soulless set of 4 boxes.

Isn't Easter Road in Edinburgh? :doh: