Well Flags

Dee

After seeing the mixed comments on the other flag thread, it got me thinking.

At Nancy and in Wales there seemed to be loads of big 'Well flags which were class. Who do these belong to and why do you not take them to the games?

Some of the photos from in the stadiun in Nancy are amazing and its helped by the colour of the flags etc. Would be class to see them at all the games.

You'll probably find that a lot of the flags are ancient from old supporters groups and the likes that have disbanded and the owners of a lot of the flags won't go to the games these days, particularly away from home. Could be wrong though.

Also, it's a pain in the arse taking a big flag about with you. We had a big FPC one made up which I think only made it to one 'Well game (CIS semi at Easter Road) but I can't be bothered with it now. Still take it to FPC weekenders and the likes so folk know that the Motherwell boys are in town...

We have a cracking big flag. Made up of 4 smaller flags, 3 of which are saltires with Motherwell badges in the middle. It was in Nancy next to the fountain and in Wales and has been at umpteen games over the years, but it generally it is a pain in the arse to take. That said, I think it might have to make an appearance again soon....

Good on ye Milo, if anyone cany be bothered taking theres to the games il take it ^_^

I can see how it could be a bit of a hassle though but after spending money on them might as well get the best use from them as poss.

for those with flags that can't be bothered taking them to games

there is a very simple solution

contact the club and ask them if they will store them for you.

you can collect them every home game, and leave them there afterwards.

this happens at premiership grounds and in europe.

i'm sure the powers that be would love to see the stadium decorated with well flags for every home game - as long as they were non-offensive.

if anyone at the club is reading this, could you confirm if this would be possible?

We have a cracking big flag. Made up of 4 smaller flags, 3 of which are saltires with Motherwell badges in the middle. It was in Nancy next to the fountain and in Wales and has been at umpteen games over the years, but it generally it is a pain in the arse to take. That said, I think it might have to make an appearance again soon....

I've got a bag of accumulated flags going right back to my youth some of which, its perhaps a bit sad to admit, I have a fair amount of sentiment for.

Probably the first I have now looks more like a Jambos flag than a 'Well flag given how much the amber has faded over the past 25 years. Its in a shocker of a state having been chomped to bits by the hamster I got home from school in Primary Two - which gives another indication of how old it is. Couldn't ever bring myself to put it out though.

My Gran made a flag for our trip to the Faroes and has subsequently graced several European ties. I've got a few players photographed holding it aloft on some of the trips.

The one I generally take, on the rare occasion I do decide to take a flag, sounds very much like Milo's above. Three Saltires and three 'Well flags purchased from the 'Well shop sewn together to make a larger flag. Its that awkward size now that to make any bigger is going to require another six flags to keep it relatively square otherwise it'll look a bit daft being either really wide or really long.

On top of that I've got bags of flags that have been accumulated over the years at Cup Finals, Semi's and the like. Perhaps the best of these was an 81'82 First Division Championship flag which looks the business. Often wondered how many of them are still kicking around in lofts and sheds.

But aye, mon the flags!

This is the GD one i had made up. Unfortunately fucked up on the colouring when i did it online, and it looks pish when alongside other 'Well flags as it is more Orange and Purple than Claret and Amber.

Im an idiot

:lol::lol:

824162626a8850605982l.jpg

**Edit photobucket is banned on the boat, so tried posting a link to Bebo website, so might nae work.

Good on ye Milo, if anyone cany be bothered taking theres to the games il take it :lol:

I can see how it could be a bit of a hassle though but after spending money on them might as well get the best use from them as poss.

I got 1 that will take up half the east stand i guy gave me it for free on friday hinking about taking it to the celtic game any1 think i should