Jim Gannon

postiejim

Well if it's just the referees he's worried about, he's not going to go far as a manager if he can't put up with them being shite. I don't think he really needed to start a one man crusade either.

If it's more to do with the prospects for the club, it's understandable, but he knew what he was getting into.

I may well be clutching at all straws, but what I take from it - whilst he was being questioned about the standards of refs etc in the country and looked miserable as sin/bored and with only a few word answers. Whereas when questioned about the team etc, he seemed more happier to talk and was more interested and gave a more fuller answer rather than 2 or 3 words. Mind you, come the last 8 seconds of the interview, no wonder you are worried.. :huh:

He's maybe realising that the financial situation at Motherwell is exactly the same as the one he left behind at Stockport. He seems driven and ambitious and perhaps he's thinking he took a sideways step by coming north.

I'd say to Jim if he's listening. The opportunity to achieve something here with Motherwell has never been better. The Odd Firm are spent. Make your name and claim your big move through your success at Motherwell Football Club.

What i take from that interview is that Jims fed up with the media constantly misquoting and misleading, something he has spoke of before, and he isnt wanting to make any comment about referees whatsoever as he knows fine well the media will take it and run with it. I think he's just playing the game with the media. "if your going to stir $hit up then im not going to give you anything to write about".

Im confident Jim will be around to lift the league title next year :huh:

I read it he was wanting to talk about the team not referees or anything like that.

If he wants to talk about the team and not referees how come he's done nothing but talk about referees for weeks and all the while we have to wait 5 days to hear about the last weeks game?

I've said it before but Gannon simply didn't understand the level of media focus that goes with being an SPL team. There might be side in League 1 with three times our support and three times our income but we have three times their media coverage. Gannon's been used to dealing with local news and now he's in with the big fish and he's not handled it well.

Hopefully he's big enough to get on with things and try and normalize the situation again.

Anyway he said 'he'd have to consider his position' if the referee situation didn't improve and then said it "was a tough question to ask" when asked if he was disillusioned and didn't in anyway deny it. Good luck re-signing the loan players after that interview!

And what about this statement from Jim just before a double header with the old firm . ....

The match official admitted after the derby at Ibrox that he'd been wrong not to award Celtic at least one penalty during their 2-1 defeat in October.

Dallas issued what amounted to an apology on the referee's behalf 24 hours after the game, admitting Thomson had been wrong not to give a penalty when Davie Weir blatantly tripped Shaun Maloney.

Gannon said: "Dallas had to defend the referee because the result of the game might have been different if he'd got his decisions correct at Ibrox.

"Celtic might look back on that result at the end of the season and decide that Ibrox in October is when they lost the league championship.

"There's a question mark over the standard of refereeing in Scotland and the mistakes that are being made are having an effect on the league table."

If he wants to talk about the team and not referees how come he's done nothing but talk about referees for weeks and all the while we have to wait 5 days to hear about the last weeks game?

I've said it before but Gannon simply didn't understand the level of media focus that goes with being an SPL team. There might be side in League 1 with three times our support and three times our income but we have three times their media coverage. Gannon's been used to dealing with local news and now he's in with the big fish and he's not handled it well.

Hopefully he's big enough to get on with things and try and normalize the situation again.

Anyway he said 'he'd have to consider his position' if the referee situation didn't improve and then said it "was a tough question to ask" when asked if he was disillusioned and didn't in anyway deny it. Good luck re-signing the loan players after that interview!

Couldn't have put it better myself Ya Bezzer.

I think we all would have been a lot happier if he had come out once or twice and questioned the standard of referees and leave it at that. But this is looking like it is going to run and run and IMHO he has not helped the situation one bit.

Why comment at all on a game not involving Motherwell?? Especially an Old firm one. I don't know the intricacies of the Dallas saga but why the hell could they have not had a face to face meeting to resolve.

I will not be the only one - if tomorrow we get a whole host of decisions going against us - thinking is this related to the negative comments regarding refs. It should not happen, but then again......

I rate Gannon as a Manager and he has done a fairly decent job so far, but his handling of this entire episode has been questionable and if he wants to go further in the game he needs to handle certain aspects with a tad more diplomacy and professionalism.

Just let it go Jim and concentrate of getting the Well a few more wins :lol:

Having listen to the interview all that Gannon say is that the if the ref are treating the club negatively during games due to his comments about standards of refereeing then he would consider his place at Motherwell, which I take to mean he does not want to bring ill fortune to the club and would leave if it was casing the club damage. He also said that his hands are tied by what he can and can't say (basically it's a stitch up by the SFA) but he's not going to let it lie.

Like he says football is a beautiful game but an ugly industry

From what I've read and heard Gannon has just been honest and said what everyones been thinking about our game for ages, hit the nail on the heed if you like but it's pissed off a few media hacks and the SFA who just see him as a jumped up wee outsider!!!

I'm wae him all the way on this one!

Goan yersel big man, get set in about them like a dug eatin beetroot!

From what I've read and heard Gannon has just been honest and said what everyones been thinking about our game for ages, hit the nail on the heed if you like but it's pissed off a few media hacks and the SFA who just see him as a jumped up wee outsider!!!

Spot on. He is basically saying what fans have been saying for years. But because he's a manager it is wrong :lol:

And people wonder why Scottish Football is in a shocking state, and wonder why people don't listen to the fans.

Well Gannon has now started saying the same things the fans have been saying for years, and well some fans are no outraged at the fact. Only in football :P

Exactly, it is time someone came out and spoke about this. We need answers and Hugh Dallas can suck ma boaby for his pish over the last few weeks.