Pikey Managers

Eddie Catflap

I seriously don't think he'd send the team out not to win no matter who the opposition were, he was possibly trying to take some pressure off the players by saying that this was a game that we weren't expected to win.

If you want 'shocking comments' from a Motherwell manager then look no further than Terry Butcher's "I fear we'll get beat 7-0 and we should feel honoured to even be on the same park as Rangers" before the CIS Cup Final in 2005 or indeed Butcher's comments before ANY game against Rangers that basically condeded defeat before a ball was even kicked. And to make it worse we always did lose when he made those comments and were usually 2-0 down inside the first fifteen minutes. And then you had Maurice Malpas' "I wish I could have walked out ten minutes early" after Inverness had just beaten us 4-1 at Fir Park and "it wasn't about the way we played today, you just had to sit back and admire the way Hibs were playing" after Hibs thumped us 6-1 just after he'd given the players four days off prior to that game.

I seriously don't think he'd send the team out not to win no matter who the opposition were, he was possibly trying to take some pressure off the players by saying that this was a game that we weren't expected to win.

If you want 'shocking comments' from a Motherwell manager then look no further than Terry Butcher's "I fear we'll get beat 7-0 and we should feel honoured to even be on the same park as Rangers" before the CIS Cup Final in 2005 or indeed Butcher's comments before ANY game against Rangers that basically condeded defeat before a ball was even kicked. And to make it worse we always did lose when he made those comments and were usually 2-0 down inside the first fifteen minutes. And then you had Maurice Malpas' "I wish I could have walked out ten minutes early" after Inverness had just beaten us 4-1 at Fir Park and "it wasn't about the way we played today, you just had to sit back and admire the way Hibs were playing" after Hibs thumped us 6-1 just after he'd given the players four days off prior to that game.

The same Butcher who is the last manager of motherwell to defeat Rangers.

I think it was a bit of a strange thing to come out with tbh. Even though he prob didn't mean it it sounded like he was conceding defeat before a ball was even kicked. I don't care if it's Celtic or Man U we're playing as a Well fan that's not what I want to hear.

it's fair enough saying that we did and we brought young players but we were only 45 minutes away from a great result and we did nothing in the second half to suggest we believed that we could even take a point from the game. meechan struggled terribly in the second half and leaving him on suggested that we weren't serious about winning the game. putting pollock on ahead of sutton was nuts as well, i like what i've seen of pollock but i don't think he would have benefited much from half an hour getting bossed by caldwell and n'geumo. it looks we're putting out a team aiming to advertise gannon's football philosphy rather than one to win games.