James Mcarthy On Loan?

andybug

Send him back to his own fucking country on loan :lol:

For another arguement this but, If you choose to play for another country using the Grandparent rule, you should have to play in the League of that Country for a minimum of 2 years at professional level. You would soon see how many Plastic Paddys there were if they had to play in Ireland for 2 years of their careers

No good? He never got his move to the EPL for nothing.

He's done well in a shite Wigan team right enough, one that was good enough to keep Spurs down to 9. He was never that good, never will be good enough to play in the Premier League, infact he's been lucky enough to play for Wigan reserves. Hamilton won a watch with the £1 odd million they got for him and Accies fans know that fine well. The lad would have made a decent SPL player and thats about it unfortunately.

We've dodged a bullet have we no?

Well not really, would you be happy if he was being called up for Scotland in any case as a result of playing now and again for the might of Wigans reserves? Remember this was supposed to be the best player we've seen in 20 years :lol: , the same player who somehow beat Fletcher to YPOTY award, who by the way plays week in week out in the Premier League and has a decent return of goals to boot. The boy was so over-hyped over what his abilities are capable of purely due to the press he got by choosing to play for Ireland. Barry Bannan gets no press up here by playing for Villa's reserves and he's a better player than McCarthy so go figure. Our Celtic minded media chums love to big up their mates.

No good? He never got his move to the EPL for nothing.

Wigan for McCarthy. I'd just about forgot about him. Has he played in the Premiership yet? I recall him being subbed off in the League Cup after Blackpool had ran riot. Here I was thinking he'd be starring for Barcelona,Inter or Liverpool by now. That's what the press up here said.

For another arguement this but, If you choose to play for another country using the Grandparent rule, you should have to play in the League of that Country for a minimum of 2 years at professional level. You would soon see how many Plastic Paddys there were if they had to play in Ireland for 2 years of their careers

That actually sounds like a good idea until you actually think about it. Some absolutely top-class players would never have been capped if that was to be the case. George Best, Stevie Craigan and Ryan Giggs being the three biggest examples.

That actually sounds like a good idea until you actually think about it. Some absolutely top-class players would never have been capped if that was to be the case. George Best, Stevie Craigan and Ryan Giggs being the three biggest examples.

Who out of those used the grandparent rule? :notworthy:

As for the subject in hand, I still think McCarthy was average and just over-rated, so I wouldn't be too interested in a loan deal.

Who out of those used the grandparent rule? :notworthy:

Ah right, I see what he meant now. I thought he was meaning that to be eligible to play for a country in general you would have to play there for two years, even if it was where you were born. ie, young Scottish boys tapped up by English clubs and coming through their ranks like Darren Fletcher would be ineligible. Never mind - mah heid's pickled.

Fur fucksake!

I hope you just forgot to put in the sarcastic smilie?

Craigan getting classed with Best and Giggs! :notworthy:

He's an Northern Irish hero

That's actually true.

My mates lodger (from Coleraine) absolutely loves him.

He was at Fir park last year with the Scottish Northern Ireland Supporters Association (or something) to watch him.

Bumped into him in Jack Daniels and they were all belting out Craigan songs.