Phil O'Donnell

cg231087

The Walk 10for10 is a great tribute to a great man on the actual anniverary of his death.

I'm sure it means more to his family than anything on the closest match day at Fir Park. I mean should we do something at Tynecastle because the game is on their on Tuesday?

Im sure it would be appreciated by all if anyone who wishes to pay their respects could see the walkers off from Fir Park or be there to see us arrive at Parkhead (Also sponsers money for the 2 great causes would be appreciated lol)

I agree with Ross. We'll never forget Phil O'Donnell as a club, or as a fanbase, but there's no need to publicly grieve every year, particularly given the time of year that his tragic death occurred. I wouldn't like to think that we dredged it all up again for his wife and kids when they're trying to have a normal Christmas, which will be hard enough for them.

2 years ago today then.

Time to remember our captain who gave absolutely verything for the club we love.

I hope you are resting in peace Phil.

Yeah, still can't believe it happened. Will always be remembered as a class act and a great leader to the best Motherwell team I've ever seen. In a footballing sense, I still wonder how good the rest of the 07/08 season would have been if he were still playing.

All the best to his family and I hope the walk raises a lot of money for a good cause.

I have the number 14 shirt, which was Phil's. No way it's his, it must have been from another match then.

More research required it seems!

I am in no way doubting the validity of this but I would be surprised if the O'Donnell family dont have his worn shirt from his only Scotland appearance.

I am in no way doubting the validity of this but I would be surprised if the O'Donnell family dont have his worn shirt from his only Scotland appearance.

Yeah that's pretty much it. I'll need to try and find out what match it's from 'cause it's annoyed me for years not knowing who it belongs to.