Hypocritical

andybug

So we are told Jim Gannon is sacked for not signing a contract and his lack of commitment to the club ,yet we sign up Broon and Knox on an interim basis and tell them there is no time limit on his stint, probably meaning they'll no be on a contract. Isn't that a tad hypocritical.

So we are told Jim Gannon is sacked for not signing a contract and his lack of commitment to the club ,yet we sign up Broon and Knox on an interim basis and tell them there is no time limit on his stint, probably meaning they'll no be on a contract. Isn't that a tad hypocritical.

I think the problem was that Gannon was going for job interviews and actively looking to move elsewhere while looking to sell players from the club. Brown and Knox won't be looking for another move.

No. There is no contract as it is on a Caretaker basis, which is even more common practice than Managers working outside of seasonal contracts. It's a bit hard to get everything sign and sealed when our owner is on holiday/business trip (delete as appropriate).

Brown if offered would probably sign a deal for life, unlike Gannon who wouldn't sign for a season or two.

I think the problem was that Gannon was going for job interviews and actively looking to move elsewhere while looking to sell players from the club. Brown and Knox won't be looking for another move.

Except Gannon never applied for a single job and never went for a single interview anywhere. He was approached by others and refused to speak to them, according to Tam Cowan on Radio Scotland after the Trust Forum.

Except Gannon never applied for a single job and never went for a single interview anywhere. He was approached by others and refused to speak to them, according to Tam Cowan on Radio Scotland after the Trust Forum.

Heard similar from a mate who was at the same night. Said something along the lines of Gannon saying he felt he owed Boyle for taking him on after getting the bullet from Stockport.

How hard is this for people to understand, Gannon wouldnt sign a permanent contract even after better terms were agreed,he embarassed the club with his "war" on refs esp looking like a c**t when he bitched about Dallas not replying to his letters before admitting the replys were unopened on his desk and he had clearly lost the players, not to mention other stories that if true are just shocking for a manager to do. Any other manager in any other line of work behaves like that and their out the door in a heartbeat, JG is a c**t + deserved the bullet end of.

And as for Broonie having no contract? he`s an interim boss, totally different kettle of fish

the guy had clearly had alieniated his own players, the media, the refs, our board and some of the staff inside fir park. in my opinion he was working his ticket so that when the right job came up he'd have been able to jump ship from fir park and blame it on the scottish fitba establishment. boyle sacked him before he got a chance to do this.

brown and knox are clearly a short term solution, everyone knows and accepts that.

Don't really think that any one of us knows for definite whether he did or didn't apply for other jobs while he was still employed by Motherwell FC. He did mention at the trust event what has been stated earlier in this thread, that he did have others offers but felt that he owed Motherwell for employing him when he was out of a job. He seemed like a pretty honourable guy but time will tell I guess.

Andybug - a totally different thing from being an interim caretaker boss and someone who is allegedly being employed in a permanent capacity to carry out the role and duties in a long term basis.

How hard is this for people to understand, Gannon wouldnt sign a permanent contract even after better terms were agreed,he embarassed the club with his "war" on refs esp looking like a c**t when he bitched about Dallas not replying to his letters before admitting the replys were unopened on his desk and he had clearly lost the players, not to mention other stories that if true are just shocking for a manager to do. Any other manager in any other line of work behaves like that and their out the door in a heartbeat, JG is a c**t + deserved the bullet end of.

And as for Broonie having no contract? he`s an interim boss, totally different kettle of fish

My views on this are well stated but my argument here was simply that he did not apply for or attend another interview which is the story being punted on this board. I have no problem with Broons current interim arrangement but some of the pish being spouted about waht Gannon did or didnt do in terms of jobs is just that..........PISH

If he didn't apply for other jobs, he got down to Stockport rather quickly to watch them lose to Leeds United - in fact the game was on going when Sky Sports broke the news :P

Although I tend not to believe you when you said Boyle had nothing lined up when within 12 hours Brown had all but accepted the position as Interim boss.

People get all carried away wie football managers but lets remember they are employee managers with staff that they are to guide and look after - just like anyone else in a managment position within and business.

We probably will never hear the whole truth but i know motherwell football club well enough that somewhere along the line someone somewhere has been very amateurish in their approach to Mr Gannon and Gannons position within the club.

John boyle,as far as i am concerned can do what the fuck he likes within Motherwell Football Club and if that includes sacking the manager then so be it. Anyone anywhere can spout about fans being the heartbeat of a club,fans being the lifeblood etc but in my opinion in the eyes of many a club owner fans are mearly the buyers of their product and their source of steady income.

Therefore, no matter what jim Gannon was all about and i have my reservations about him as a person, john boyle can more or less have got rid of him for anything he liked especially on the contract that gannon appears to have been on (or not on) at motherwell.

If he didn't apply for other jobs, he got down to Stockport rather quickly to watch them lose to Leeds United - in fact the game was on going when Sky Sports broke the news :P

Although I tend not to believe you when you said Boyle had nothing lined up when within 12 hours Brown had all but accepted the position as Interim boss.

Hardly evidence that he had already applied and went for an interview there though is it? And if Brown had already been lined up prior to Gannons departure, which Brown denies then that really is hypocritical

My views on this are well stated but my argument here was simply that he did not apply for or attend another interview which is the story being punted on this board. I have no problem with Broons current interim arrangement but some of the pish being spouted about waht Gannon did or didnt do in terms of jobs is just that..........PISH

Pish about the stories about him having interviews with other clubs? or pish about everything that has been said about him?

How do you know its pish? do u know him personally? are you Jim Gannon?

Pish about the stories about him having interviews with other clubs? or pish about everything that has been said about him?

Shaka - how it works is this.

If someone said Gannon went for an interview or interviews it is pish. If Burma said he didn't it is FACT.

So I can only assume that Burma has spoken to Gannon in person or knows exactly where he has been over the past 2-3 months.

It does not change the fact that Gannon was ripping this club apart with his obnoxious and arrogant behaviour and refusal to commit to any long term future. I am quite sure Boyle gave him enough slack until it became self evident there was only one course of action available.

Time to move on.

YAYYY!!!

third time ive been asked that

Also been called hugh keevins, peter ward and leon jackson (i dunno either) and someone called Ice Rink.

I think its pish that he was applying for and attending interviews with other clubs.

Do you know he was? Do you know him personally? Are you the chairman of stockport county?

Shaka - how it works is this.

If someone said Gannon went for an interview or interviews it is pish. If Burma said he didn't it is FACT.

So I can only assume that Burma has spoken to Gannon in person or knows exactly where he has been over the past 2-3 months.

It does not change the fact that Gannon was ripping this club apart with his obnoxious and arrogant behaviour and refusal to commit to any long term future. I am quite sure Boyle gave him enough slack until it became self evident there was only one course of action available.

Time to move on.

Point 1 - good lad!

Point 2 - Been trying to but people keep asking if i know him :lol:

So how do you know he didn't? Just cos he said he didn't? Don't be so naive. The Club got wind of the fact that he had been actively seeking employment elswhere and sacked him! All this shite about contracts is just nonsense. He made it perfectly obvious to everyone by his comments and actions that he didn't want to be here. Fuck him!

YAYYY!!!

third time ive been asked that

Also been called hugh keevins, peter ward and leon jackson (i dunno either) and someone called Ice Rink.

I think its pish that he was applying for and attending interviews with other clubs.

Do you know he was? Do you know him personally? Are you the chairman of stockport county?

Thats the first time ive seen you write that, You think its pish, fine. but the way you go on saying he didnt and its pish makes you sound like you know for a fact!

maybe if ud said that from the start people wouldnt think u were Gannon/Ward/Leon Jackson? etc lol

Hardly evidence that he had already applied and went for an interview there though is it? And if Brown had already been lined up prior to Gannons departure, which Brown denies then that really is hypocritical

No but how the hell is he going to be able to take training if he is in a different country - which according to Peter Ward they were due to do?

Also, if Boyle had Brown lined up in case what happened, happened then it is not hypocritical but very good work by Boyle.

No but how the hell is he going to be able to take training if he is in a different country - which according to Peter Ward they were due to do?

Also, if Boyle had Brown lined up in case what happened, happened then it is not hypocritical but very good work by Boyle.

So are you suggesting that a discussion took place between Motherwell and Brown some time prior to Gannon leaving/being sacked? Brown categorically denies this! Is he telling lies?

Thats the first time ive seen you write that, You think its pish, fine. but the way you go on saying he didnt and its pish makes you sound like you know for a fact!

maybe if ud said that from the start people wouldnt think u were Gannon/Ward/Leon Jackson? etc lol

Oh ok sorry!

I was just responding to what others were stating which was being purported as fact. If Gannon was actively seeking other employment and the club knew this for a fact then why not just say it. It would certainly change the opinion of many who are struggling to understand this whole mess arising less than a week before the transfer window opens. It would also cast Boyle in a very very good light, and its not like him to miss an opportunity like that. If it was true then it would make me feel a lot better about things.

I'm curious about how definite this statement is.

I heard several weeks ago from someone inside the club that Gannon had been for interviews with at least 2, probably 3, clubs down south. Then heard from another source that he JG had been stunned when Gus Poyet was appointed, as he was conviced he had got that job. I didn't mention it at the time as it was told to me in confidence, but that doesn't matter now.

There was also a newspaper report yesterday that Gannon had a habit of disappearing for a day without anyone at the club knowing where he was or being able to contact him.

Now this may or may not be true, but imagine for a moment it is. if you are Jim Gannon, on a forum, speaking publicly, would you say:

(a) Yes, actually, I've been for three interviews already despite not even having been at the club for half-a-season, but am still here because I didn't get any of the jobs;

or (b) no, I've not been for any interviews and feel that I owe John Boyle for giving me this chance at MFC.

Do you honestly think that, as an employee of MFC at the time, he would tell a group of fans or even Tam Cowan on his own that he had been interviewed for other jobs?

So, on that basis, how can you say that he definitely never went for a single interview anywhere? All I've heard one way or the other is hearsay, so if you have a reliable source on this I'd find it interesting.