February Meeting

MST

Your thoughts, opinions and ideas are welcome as we draw up our agenda for the Trust's second meeting of the year. This takes place on Monday 8th February 2010 at the Fir Park Club.

Minutes of the meeting will be made available at mstonline.net.

Couple of things that are interlinked that you might want to consider for the meeting on Monday.

Firstly I remember contributing a very small amount each month to the 'Pitch In' fund. Though my donation was a meagre amount I do recollect being fairly motivated to donate with the thought that the money would directly benefit the club and as a consequence it could be on something that in return would benefit 'Well fans.

Is it worth re-visiting this now you have re-grouped and increased membership?

What I don't remember though was if there was any specific project ever mentioned that would be the recipient. I remember lots of talk of a fabled Disabled Enclosure but can't mind if that was 'Pitch In' related.

Would there be merit in looking to assist the club with the costs incurred in securing training facilities over the winter period as a possible target fund?

Every year without fail once we hit winter we hear stories of a struggle to find facilities. This year we've been fortunate that Toryglen is now available but that must cost a bit to hire. Worth the Trust chipping in a contribution?

An alternative could be trying to assist maximising what we currently use. I have no idea how much the cost of frost covers but if it was a feasible amount would that help them use Dalziel more often in winter?

The benefits are clear in that it helps the team retain fitness, can work on coaching and if it reduced time spent on the pitch at Fir Park (someone said they had been training on it pre-St Mirren game - don't know if true or not) then that has to benefit us.

Just some thoughts.

We are also on the lookout for more board members so if anyone fancies the challenge, get involved.

Don't have the time or inclination to get involved on the board on a formal basis however if you need help with anything on an ad-hoc basis you know where I am so feel free to holler.

Andy P

Pitch In - The funds from this account were mainly spent on stuff like the Disabled Enclosure, like painting the boot room etc. Essentially this fund is dry and there isn't many (if any) money coming into it. Instead everything we have given to the club has been through funds generated at our events. A lot of folk gave up on the Pitch In fund I feel because they didn't feel they got anything for their money, whilst at events they at least got a bit of entertainment for their lolly.

We still have a wedge of cash sitting in the Share Fund, but we can only spend it on shares, unless the people who gave us the money will allow us to use the money for other purposes. More on that in due course!

Definitely worth considering if folk want the Pitch In re-activated.

In terms of Winter Training and training in general, I doubt any amount of money we could get together would make Dalziel anything to be proud of. That said, the council are building a big new facility at Ravenscraig which we could perhaps help fund the team using, rather than making them go to Toryglen alongside other teams who can suss out our tactics?

One fund-raiser that we are planning for later in the year is a Car Boot Sale. We would of course be happy for the participants to take their profits home with them from this day if they so wished, however if they would be happy to donate a percentage or all of their profits to the Trust from this day, it will go a long way in paying for these ideas. No idea how much the growth lamps would cost to buy and run, but would the covers not need to be tented? As far as I aware they just lie flat on the pitch just now.