Danny Spence

WellBoy McDeee

Craig Brown confirms NOT but will reamin on the radar

Craig Brown

Brown finished by confirming that trialist Daniel Spence will not be offered a permanent deal at this point in time.

However, he has left the door open for the former Reading man to perhaps win a longer deal at the end of the season, looking towards next year.

“He has gone back to Spain,” he said.

“He is still on our radar, but he has gone back to Glenn Hoddle’s academy until the end of the season and we’ll have another look at him before next season."

"

Perhaps they are keeping their powder dry for someone else or feel the money would be better spent renewing contracts of the existing players? Or that now knowing what he can offer they can better asses how much he's needed in the summer when we know better who's staying and going.

I would have to say the need for a right-back has become a lot less pressing over the last few weeks given how Hateley has performed.

That goes in conjunction with some excellent displays from Lasley and Jennings in the middle of the park meaning there isn't an urgency to get him back into midfield.

Given that you've Crazy Legs Saunders who can come in at right-back if need be and we still have cover in Giles Coke and Ross Forbes for centre-mid then I can understand if they felt that Spence wouldn't dramatically improve things then it makes sense not to use up resources at the moment.

I would have to say the need for a right-back has become a lot less pressing over the last few weeks given how Hateley has performed.

That goes in conjunction with some excellent displays from Lasley and Jennings in the middle of the park meaning there isn't an urgency to get him back into midfield.

Given that you've Crazy Legs Saunders who can come in at right-back if need be and we still have cover in Giles Coke and Ross Forbes for centre-mid then I can understand if they felt that Spence wouldn't dramatically improve things then it makes sense not to use up resources at the moment.

This.

Perhaps it would be wiser to get Hateley on a 5 year deal first.

Have to say he is priority in terms of extending the 'Gannon 1 year specials'.