Referee For Game Against Hibs

SPLrefs.com

The referee for Saturday's game against Hibs is Euan Norris. The full list of match officials can be found by clicking http://www.SPLrefs.com

You will also find on the site a wide range of stats relating to Euan Norris including Motherwell games he has refereed and his general refereeing stats over the last 2 seasons.

http://www.splrefs.com/Motherwell/Referee-...10&RefID=23

Additionally, we are running a poll on our site to gauge fans opinions on what they see as the single most important change you would make to help improve refereeing.

We’d love you to vote as we are planning to communicate with the SFA soon and we will be feeding the results of our poll to them to let them understand the fans views on this important issue.

SPLrefs.com working together with the fans to improve refereeing standards in Scotland

The referee for Saturday's game against Hibs is Euan Norris. The full list of match officials can be found by clicking http://www.SPLrefs.com

You will also find on the site a wide range of stats relating to Euan Norris including Motherwell games he has refereed and his general refereeing stats over the last 2 seasons.

http://www.splrefs.com/Motherwell/Referee-...10&RefID=23

Additionally, we are running a poll on our site to gauge fans opinions on what they see as the single most important change you would make to help improve refereeing.

We'd love you to vote as we are planning to communicate with the SFA soon and we will be feeding the results of our poll to them to let them understand the fans views on this important issue.

SPLrefs.com working together with the fans to improve refereeing standards in Scotland

Are you having a laugh after last Wednesday? :thumbup:

His passback decision was a shocker. Having seen it again the red card should have been a yellow. There was a penalty claim on Murphy but a pillar denied me a view of it so won't judge him on that. Then there was the physical contests between Bamba and Sutton. Some refs would have been blowing all afternoon for these fouls both ways but he just gave one each way I think - to be fair he was pretty consistent but lenient. Seen him have better games but taking out the red card/passback he was all right.

His passback decision was a shocker. Having seen it again the red card should have been a yellow. There was a penalty claim on Murphy but a pillar denied me a view of it so won't judge him on that. Then there was the physical contests between Bamba and Sutton. Some refs would have been blowing all afternoon for these fouls both ways but he just gave one each way I think - to be fair he was pretty consistent but lenient. Seen him have better games but taking out the red card/passback he was all right.

Stonewall penalty. The defender took the legs from Murphy and the linesman clearly saw it as I was right behind him and had the same view. He looked as if he was always itching to get his flag up to give decisions to Hibs but was reluctant to give us anything. A couple of guys lost the plot with him and had to be restrained by stewards which tells it's own story as it's the first time I've seen that at the Cooper end of the East.

Thought the ref was really good today. Better than most have been recently. Bamba was only giving as much as he was taking from Sutton.

Wasn't sure about the penalty claim myself and Miller deserved a red. That tackle was above the fucking knee.

Also, it was certainly a pass back.

Thought the ref was terrible today. The east stand linesman too. So many baffling decisions and missed a number of incidents. I thought the red card was correct at the time but had second thoughts on it afterwards. Thought the passback was correct though, don't know why Ruddy didn't kick it out. Should have been a penalty for Murph too, stonewaller.

At the time, I didn't think it was Craigan who touched it back to Ruddy and thought it was the Hibs attacker so was giving the ref dogs abuse. I feel like an absolute tube now that I've seen it back.

The biggest decision of the game worked in our favour so I don't give a fuck whether it was right or wrong.

When i saw Miller's tackle on O'Brien I didnt think it was even gonna be a yellow, still not seen it back though so cant really say. It seemed to me like the ref felt he'd got it wrong and decided to spend the rest of the game balancing it out. So many times I was just waiting for a free kick to be given to us and he'd point the other way.

The linesman was worse though I feel. Some of the tackles in front of him on Humphrey in the second half could've been leg breakers. There was one where Hump took it by the full back and he just flew in with a last ditch slide tackle to trip Humphrey but apparently he took the ball. Decision- goal kick :notworthy:

Oh and the penalty was a stonewaller

In the Cooper I was too far away to see the sending off, so still don't actually know what happened.

Thought we were denied two stick-on penalties, one with Murphy skinning the left-back and having his heels clipped as he went along the by-line, and one when the ball came down out the air and 3 hibs defenders were all desperate to get to it first, John Rankin (I think), battered it out for a corner with his arm.

As for the passback...right in front of me and looked a totally deliberate knock-back to Ruddy. I knew as soon as he gathered it in his hands there was only one result. I actually couldn't believe the ref took so long to whistle for it.

Tackle on O'Brien was right in front of where I was. Miller went in hard to say the least. Thought the ref would pull out 2 yellows at the time.

The Benji incident was funny.

Though Humphrey did ok when he came on (again)... he was unfortunate a few times as the ball bobbled when he was clear of the defender and about to cross.

Stack's time-wasting was ridiculous. Ruddy used the ref's leniency in that regard to our advantage when we went one up.

As for the passback...right in front of me and looked a totally deliberate knock-back to Ruddy. I knew as soon as he gathered it in his hands there was only one result. I actually couldn't believe the ref took so long to whistle for it.

I think Ruddy thought the same right away. Watching it on Alba he seemed to have an "oh shit" moment and drop the ball before deciding to pick it up again. Still I think on another day, another referee may have waived the appeals for a pass-back away as it was technically an interception as well. No complaints about it though!

As for the sending off, after watching Alba and the incident a few times I still don't think he was sent off for the tackle alone. I see no reason why the referee would have to ask the linesman and then the linesman to seem to answer "yes" if the sending off was for the tackle alone.