Jim O'brien

Grant

Anyone know what was up with Jim O'Brien today? Wasn't even on the bench? Didn't hear anything pre-match about him being injured.

The gaffer said he was oot on Friday night pished so didnae merit a place in the team and wont be in the next one. He needs to grow up apparently!!! :(

Bit of a relief that we seen against Killie that we make chances even without our "most creative player".

I was thinking we'd struggle when he headed to the Premiership.

Predictably he still got 3 votes on the MOTM poll from yesterday ! :lol:

That is marginally harsh Frazzle. He had a few decent ones in the first half but in the second half he seemed to be aiming for wee Jimmy in row L of the Cooper. But you're generally correct he is worth working on though I think the impact sub role suits him better.

I thought Humphrey's crossing was fine. In the first half he palyed a lot of useful balls for Sutton at the backstick. As somebody else mentioned he also attempted to vary his ball into the box. One overhit ball in the second half but heyho, have you ever seen Dani Alves, does it at least once a game as well. DDidn't think the change in personnel helped him, was far better in first half half.

fuck all wrong with Humphrey's crossing. Helluva lot better than Hammell's and as good as anyone elses IMO. Couple of wayward ones yesterday, but plenty of variety and at least he can clear the first man most of the time.

Looking forward to seeing him get a full 90 mins on a pitch where the ball doesn't bounce awkwardly every 2 yards.

fuck all wrong with Humphrey's crossing. Helluva lot better than Hammell's and as good as anyone elses IMO. Couple of wayward ones yesterday, but plenty of variety and at least he can clear the first man most of the time.

Looking forward to seeing him get a full 90 mins on a pitch where the ball doesn't bounce awkwardly every 2 yards.

If he turns out to be half the player Stevie Hammell is then that will do for me. For a winger his crossing should be better, and surely this is what we should be coaching him on.

Mind you, watching the Man U v Villa match and Carrick can't even beat the first man either. How much did he cost again? £18M was it?

Humphrey does better usually, just didn't cross too well yesterday. Understandable though when the ball's bobbling all over the shop. Other than that I thought he did well but there were others more deserving of MOTM. I don't think we missed O'Brien too much as Murphy and Humphrey took over the running.

In saying that, I'd still much rather have him in the team than not.