St. Johnstone Vs Motherwell, March 6

samson1886

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually did think we would concede today, a team which has been finding the net easily like Saint Johnstone have recently would always be dangerous though I imagine the apparent ease they got their goal wouldn't please Craig and Archie. Onwards to Saint Mirren on Tuesday, and to put that League Cup game from earlier in the season firmly to bed.

Where's that tongue-in-cheek emoticon?......Nah, Falkirk could only get to 41 points before the split so yes, we are.

Good stuff, especially considering that avoiding relegation was one of our biggest aims at the start of the season. We've more than surpassed ourselves so a big well done to all at Motherwell FC.

Where's that tongue-in-cheek emoticon?......Nah, Falkirk could only get to 41 points before the split so yes, we are.

Not quite. We can still drop out the top 6 with Falkirk still capable of finishing on 56 points.

I think. :D

YET ANOTHER GREAT RESULT :D

I think we have pretty much secured top 6 barring a massive collapse......especially as the Dons have to play St J in one of their games in hand.

If I knew 5th would get us in Europe I would probably take it now, mainly because we would get a game against hopefully beatable opposition and have the chance of more than 1 trip back to Europe. Finishing 3rd would mean playing a fairly big team like St Bucharest or Nancy and probably get humped at the 1st hurdle...although it would be a nice problem to have.

Let's just keep bumbling along picking up points and see where it takes us. A draw in the DDee U v Hearts game would be a good start.

You at the game Geedub mate?

I was aye. Thats the first time the internets worked on my phone when I've been at the fitba.

Well that was a hard fought win. St J must be feeling hard done by tonight :D Yassss

Seven points behind Celtic in 2nd place with them to play twice.... :D

I laughed at Sellic fans spouting that shite when they signed Keane, one game at a time Gazzy and if there's a sniff of 3rd to be had when the time comes we'll take it.

Let the jungles keep their creative arithmetic.

Have to say I agree with you there Geedub, that monotonal sound in the first half was brutal. Great three points today. Not many stand out performances, just a battling display. I'd agree with BBC for the MOTM. Sutton was great in the air today, his hold up play was tremendous, and there were a few set pieces in the first half I doubt we could have defended without him. Those who know me will know it took a lot to say that! Also, Murphy chipping in with another goal was good to see, and Jutkiewicz lifted the whole team when he came on, it's a nice dilemma to have all three of them performing! Jennings also had another good game, he takes no prisoners! Long may this continue! Also, Thomson booking Forbes at the end was a ridiculous decision if you ask me, how can refereeing like that be FIFA standard?

great win. if Duke was gready he would have shot instead of trying to lay the ball off when looking for a third. tat reff was shocking gave stupid thing all day and every time the ball went near the st. johnstone box with a high ball the defence always had there arms around the motherwell players and nothing was ever given. Great win and second place race is now on.

Today was, I'm sure, only the third time this season we have conceeded more free kicks than the opposition. And at that, it was only 7-6!

Cracking result today. B-) Not the greatest performance but we won so that's all that matters. First ten minutes we looked good, Humphrey especially, then St Johnstone controlled the rest of the first half and looked like the team that were going to go on and win.

Jutkiewicz made a real difference when he came on creating the winner for Sutton. Canny beat a late winner, fucking loved it. Fair play to the Carnival De Paris soloist for not giving in :lol:

Another 3 points on Tuesday night would be ideal. C'mon ye Well!!!!!!

Today was, I'm sure, only the third time this season we have conceeded more free kicks than the opposition. And at that, it was only 7-6!

Just as well we don't count offside in that stat or it would have been about 30-6. The number of times Murphy was caught off was disgraceful - he is quicker than Gartland and Duberry so there was no need to be offside so often.

Overall it was an interesting game with their high attack and us using the channels. Don't think there was really a failure in either side and it really could have gone either way. Saints seemed to be getting the breaks with some free kick decisions and also when the ball ricocheted it always seemed to end up with them. But then the one real break we got when the ball bounced off Smith it ended up at Sutton's foot for a poke home.

Three points that we worked ever so hard for, effort deserved them but St Johnstone would have said the samehad they won but we are in some rhthym at the moment and I got the impression we had a wee bit more belief that saw us through. Really pleased with result and performance was decent too.