St. Johnstone Vs Motherwell, March 6

samson1886

saints probably deserved a draw but we won so i don't give a f**k. great result as saints were really causing us trouble with their high balls in the first half

really good game as well wish accies, st midden, killie etc would play more like st J

good performance all round; another ruddy wonder save, another goal for murphy delighted.

my text also got read out on the radio. "craig brown for prime minister"

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody brilliant result and a performance that sort of merited it. We were backs to the wall for periods in the second halves and punished them for not taking their chances which was great to see! The players looked ecstatic when they scored that second goal; it's an amazing run and it just keeps on going!

Thought Thompson was dying to give the saintees the game but our new found ability to finish teams off proved otherwise. He had a shocker but we still manged to grab the 3 points! Mon the well!

Fantastic result today. Very hard fought game and the Saints must be gutted that they didn't get at least a draw from. Jennings was in great form today, battled for every ball. He's on great form at the moment. Sutton had a good game today as well. Plenty of good touchs and holding play, he definately deserved his goal. Young Murphy's confidence is sky high as well.

Bring on the St.Midden!!!

Cannot believe we took 3 points. Absolutely delighted. Jennings was amazing. Craigy's subbies bringing on Coke and Duke really won it for us. Coke solidified us and let Jenno get forward, Duke should've had one but did plenty to turn it in our favour. Good to see him going fucking mental in front of the fans as well...any chance he'll stay?!

Couple of the Saints fans on their forum were praising Humphrey, however not too much on our MotM poll, anyone care to elaborate?

If he wants to be hailed a creative genius on Steelmenonline and be told he's good enough for the Championship he's gonnae have to learn how to play the guitar , simple as that.

:thumbup:

An absolutely HUGE three points for us yesterday, and a result I didn't see coming as we struggled under the cosh for long spells in the first half. Their ariel bombardment through Deuchar caused us no end of problems, although they were neat and tidy all over the park too to be fair to them.

We had to defend really well at times and were a bit fortunate to be level at the break, but that's due to the effort of Ruddy and the lads for hanging in there.

Second half was more even and I feel our subs were more effective that theirs, so credit to Craig and Archie for that. A draw was probably fair but we did owe them for the Boxing Day debacle so screw them!

Top Six in the bag now, bring on Europe!!

QUOTE (LadywellToi @ Mar 6 2010, 05:04 PM)

Shame Killie couldn't have helped us out however mon the Jambo's.

Think a draw is probably a better result but surely that's our top six spot confirmed

I dunno, I'd always tend to go for the team above us losing points than the one behind. Dundee Utd stretching their lead to either 2 or 4 points may prove decisive in the run in. Hearts don't concern me.

I dunno, I'd always tend to go for the team above us losing points than the one behind. Dundee Utd stretching their lead to either 2 or 4 points may prove decisive in the run in. Hearts don't concern me.

I know what you mean but it is better to secure 5th place ASAP as it may well come with a Euro place and then take 4th and 3rd form there as we have to play UTD twice so ultimately it is in our hands.

Kinda know what you mean Netherton, if at any other time than the last quarter of the season I'd opt for a draw, however at this stage I'd go for team above us dropping maximum points, I'd rather qualify for Europe on merit opposed to the Scottish Cup finalists.

However as last season shows, even if you get the back door entry, you got to go for it quicker than John Inman on poppers.

I suppose if United win today and we can see off FHW next week-end, then that'd put potentially 13 points between us and them (a win on Tuesday also would see to that).

What a day out yesterday. Great laugh and brilliant result.

You canny beat an all day shot then walking down the west end with a kebab at 1.30 making up well songs steaming.

Hes Motherwells number 11, Sutton! Sutton!

Hes Motherwells number 11, Sutton! Sutton!

Hes Motherwells number 11, he scores a goal it sends us to heaven!

Big John Sutton the Motherwells number 11!

B-)